• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How's everyone's "full run quest" going?

37 posts in this topic

As it stands for me..

Werewolf by Night vol.1, Spotlight and Giant Size WBN-done

Tomb of Dracula vol 1 and GS-done

Iron Fist vol 1 and Marvel Premiere-done

Silver Surfer vol 1-done

Ghost Rider Spotlight, vol 1-done

Marvel Giant Size(GSXM1 and GSASM4 included)-done

ManThing vol1 and 2 plus GS-done

Conan vol 1 King and GS-done

Monster of Frankenstein vol 1-done

Tower of Shadows 1-9 done Creatures on the Loose 1-37>done

Marvel Team-Up vol 1-done

Swamp Thing vol 1 -done

The Champions vol 1-done

Godzilla(Marvel) vol 1-done

Chamber of Chills(Marvel) vol 1-done

Sub-Mariner vol 2(1968-1974)-done

Where Monsters Roam vol.1-done

Working on Thor, FF, Hulk, Spidey-but I'd knew these would take the longest to fill.

I keep getting distracted by "discovering" new comic genres. I am about 1/2 through with a bunch of mini runs....

Adams Batman, Detective and Green Lantern issues

HOM 174-229

HOS 81-103

Weird War 1-10

Sinister House 1-4

Forbidden Love 1-4

X-Men 100-300 (almost done)

Daredevil 158-200

Punisher War Journal (4 issues left, finished reg. series, War Zone and prestige/one-shots/minis)

I knew I was forgetting some.

Black Panther vol 1, Jungle Action and Marvel Premiere-done

I think I'm still leaving some out-I can't tell you how bad I want out of this rental!! Should have our house done is late June, and I can't wait to enjoy my new comic room..my books...ledger...inventory book...being able to remember how many runs I have.....

Need about 46 books for my ASM VF and up run.

Unfortunately AF15 thru # 40 are a majority of the issues that I need.

i pick one up here and there whenever I have spare loot.

I'm in no rush because I know that when you are in a hurry to complete a run

like this - that is when you part with the BIG bucks fast!

Anyhoo, from here on out I only trust graded books...

no need to pay top dollar for an unknown restored issue. tongue.gif

As far as I know I have every single appearance Dr. Strange has made in American comics. This includes all the 30 and 35 cent cover variants, reprints, and trades. You can see my list here:

http://www.howardhallis.com/drstrange

Now it's just upgrading (although almost everything is Fine+ or higher), foreign reprints, new books and the rare fanzine or cameo I might have missed. I'm also looking for the Marvel Dr. Strange baseball hat if anyone has one out there.

Thumbs up on that WJ run, very very cool!!

I dream of someday completing my pre-code runs of Haunt of Fear, Horrific, Weird Terror, and Black Magic in the VFish range...who knows. I'm about halfway there on the Haunt of Fears and the Black Magics, more to go on the others.

Would also love to pursue a lowgrade run of All-Star comics...not beaters, but maybe solid G/VG to VGs....we'll see.

I've officially given up the ghost on completing HG bronze horror runs...too much cash going into the project and distracting me from my GA projects, and not enough room to store all the damned books! I plan to hold onto some of the keys and sell the rest of the slabs in '05. Show me the money! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I am missing Adventure Comics 247 and 293, and Action Comics 276 and 289 to have what I believe is a complete run of non reprint Legion of Super Heroes. (I say "what I believe" because there are so many titles they crossed over in and appeared, who can ever be sure?")

At least I have this handy-dandy reference to work from:

Legion Outpost

Outstanding everyone-keep it up. I love the feeling of completing a run, and I hope to complete Thor this year. I've gotten pretty tight with the LCS owner here in Wilmington. SO, he's going to have a private opening on Sunday for me and three other customers. There's going to be 4 long boxes of Thors he's accumulated over the last ten years with trades and such, so I'll fall into that.

Oh! I forgot. I completed another run. Fast Willie Jackson baby!

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/oldguy100

It's short, but it's not easy--I'm still looking for #5. Congrats thumbsup2.gif

It took me a year! #4 was the hardest for me to find. The good news for you (if you don't care about condition) is that I may have an extra #5 at home. If I do I'll send to you for cost of shipping. I'll let you know tomorrow.