• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT 1 - Raw?

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Went to see TMNT last night and it completely took me back to my childhood with posters all over the wall, action figures (I even have the turtles blimp in my loft somewhere...).

What I am wondering is if there are many raw copies (lower grade) copies out there that I could get for a decent price, and actually READ, or is everyone basically getting them slabbed and selling them off?

I know my timing isn't great with the movie just out!

Everything I seem to find has either been signed and/or slabbed, in really high grade way way out of my price range.

Am I just not looking hard enough (oh yeah, and i'm in the UK, so not an easy thing to find anyway...)

P.

Sorry, thought I had the right one, a lot of websites I have looked have Bronze running to 1985, TMNT is May 84?

No biggie.

The idea that Bronze runs to 1985 is compostable_fertilizer, imo

Easy answer is there will be copies in the VG range that aren't graded and should cost $500 or less. I haven't checked though.

Why not get a later printing. A 3rd printing has zero difference and a VFNM you can get for $100.

Ed

Easy answer is there will be copies in the VG range that aren't graded and should cost $500 or less. I haven't checked though.

Why not get a later printing. A 3rd printing has zero difference and a VFNM you can get for $100.

Ed

3rd printing sounds like the way to go then, didn't realise there was 'zero difference' :)

Now just got to find one of the things!

Ed

3rd printing sounds like the way to go then, didn't realise there was 'zero difference' :)

Now just got to find one of the things!

Just some minor differences in the indica and the inside back cover and a few other minor tidbits, but overall a 3rd will give you the complete look and feel for a fraction of the price. 4th prints and onwards id stay away from as there are much larger differences in size, cover art, etc. (thumbs u

Sorry, thought I had the right one, a lot of websites I have looked have Bronze running to 1985, TMNT is May 84?

No biggie.

http://www.bipcomics.com/showcase/docs/ages.php

(shrug)

Bronze goes to ' 89? :roflmao:

No biggie.

http://www.bipcomics.com/showcase/docs/ages.php

(shrug)

Bronze goes to ' 89? :roflmao:

According to that website, I graduated H.S. in the Copper Age. I came here looking for a laugh and am leaving with a frown... :facepalm: