• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Printing in the 60's wasn't really an exact science

14 posts in this topic

Marvel and Charlton were terrible. I have plenty of books from them from the early Silver Age where the register was off by nearly 1/4 inch.

You never saw that with DC, Archie, or Western.

Marvel and Charlton were terrible. I have plenty of books from them from the early Silver Age where the register was off by nearly 1/4 inch.

I have a Charlton that looks like a rhombus.Also quite a few that look as if cut with pinking shears...zigzag cut.Also.numerous siamese pages...Charltons are fun!!The worse the defect,for me,the better.

Canadian company EH! Comics was notorious bad in the 1970s.

I have a Charlton that looks like a rhombus.Also quite a few that look as if cut with pinking shears...zigzag cut.Also.numerous siamese pages...Charltons are fun!!The worse the defect,for me,the better.

Canadian company EH! Comics was notorious bad in the 1970s.

Charlton's press was meant to be used to print and cut cereal boxes, not comic books. A shoestring budget operation.