• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone have any dealings w/ member: catz13?

52 posts in this topic

AKA Richard Catanzaro

We were supposed to do a deal on a book but I felt uneasy about it as he couldn't provide any references. We're supposed to be meeting to consummate the deal when he drives by me in a few weeks on the way to a Leafs game.

Trouble?

Had good communication with him for several days on a purchase.

He sent me an invoice and I paid. He said he would be getting out to FedEx shortly and would provide tracking that night.

This was last Wednesday. Several emails sent since then; no replies, no tracking, no PayPal update, etc.

This was last Wednesday. Several emails sent since then; no replies, no tracking, no PayPal update, etc.

Open PayPal dispute....

Definitely will.

Just throwing out a Hail Mary to see if the guy is legit or not as I did see him respond to at least WTB thread.

AKA Richard Catanzaro

We were supposed to do a deal on a book but I felt uneasy about it as he couldn't provide any references. We're supposed to be meeting to consummate the deal when he drives by me in a few weeks on the way to a Leafs game.

Trouble?

Make sure he buys you a nice dinner before consummating Roy :baiting:

So the guy stopped communicating with everyone around the 28th or 29th? Maybe he went home or away for Halloween or something. Maybe something bad happened to him.

I've never met or dealt with him, but isn't board policy 30 days?

#8118583 - 22/10/14 12:05 PM

He sent me an invoice and I paid. He said he would be getting out to FedEx shortly and would provide tracking that night.

Well that puts it back to around the 15th of October...

Yeah I figured.....I'm new to collecting key comics and thought it was a legit site. Luckily PayPal opened a case and I should have my money back in 10 days. Aside from eBay, what would you guys recommend for graded and non-graded comics?

Here :)

Yeah I figured.....I'm new to collecting key comics and thought it was a legit site. Luckily PayPal opened a case and I should have my money back in 10 days. Aside from eBay, what would you guys recommend for graded and non-graded comics?

These are pretty much the only spots I buys books:

CGC Boards

E-Bay

Comiclink

Occasionally:

Comicconnect

Whoa, didn't know this thread was still kicking.

Based on a few PMs I've received, and reading posts here, something is not right with this particular seller.

Transactions (wherever they are sparked) usually follow the same steps:

1. He offers a book for sale

2. You communicate back and forth; he quickly responds to emails

3. He says the right things, asks the right questions -- i.e. use PayPal so we are both covered

4. He takes your money and will ship soon

5. You never hear anything again

I eventually did get him back on the line where he said FedEx lost his package blah blah blah and he immediately gave me a refund. (There was also a picture of said FedEx tracking slip, but the # was never in the FedEx system.)

I don't know if anyone has ever received a book from this seller.

I also don't know why he goes to all of this trouble if he is just trying to scam money as it's a lot of work to have a few bucks for a week -- i.e. until you open a PayPal dispute.