• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 25 Silver age DC covers...

54 posts in this topic

I thought this was the coolest cover ever when I was 14. I still think it is pretty great.

B30470034GD03-LG.JPG

that cover, by Kubert, finished second to Infantino's "Flash of two worlds" in Flash #123 in the 1961 Alley Awards from Alter Ego Fanzine.

tth owns the 9.4 copy for sale at Pedigree comics - i think it's at $10,000 and holding at the moment......... cloud9.gif

I used to have a 9.6 of that MIS #90, but I sold it...

i hope you got a LOT of money for that baby - it just kicks butt......... thumbsup2.gif

I don't even collect that title, but I saw it on eBay with no reserve, and the auction was about to end with a high bid under $600. I threw in a bid and won it for around $650. Sold it to Roter at PCE for about $1050.

I thought this was the coolest cover ever when I was 14. I still think it is pretty great.

that cover, by Kubert, finished second to Infantino's "Flash of two worlds" in Flash #123 in the 1961 Alley Awards from Alter Ego Fanzine.

tth owns the 9.4 copy for sale at Pedigree comics - i think it's at $10,000 and holding at the moment......... cloud9.gif

thumbsup2.gif B&B 34 is my personal favorite SA DC cover of all time. I didn't post a scan of my copy here because I've posted it so many times before that you're all probably sick of seeing it.

BB, that's not my copy on Pedigree. Mine is the Western Penn copy. Mine will never be for sale (unless someone shows me a 9.6 or 9.8 copy)!

Some other favorite covers:

B&B 36

606163-B%26B%2036.jpg

Kubert Hawkman covers kick [#@$%!!!]. thumbsup2.gif

Along with NA covers, they're the only DC's on my list.....although I may have to add some MIS covers as well.

Here's my favorite DC silver age cover cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif:

showcase79f.jpg

a lovely cover to be sure, but i think your SCUBA proclivities are clouding your judgement grin.gif

i will say that Dolphin was a girl ahead of her time with those collagen lip - injections cloud9.gif