• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oklahoma Alliance of Fans Convention

17 posts in this topic

I'll be heading north today for the annual OAF-con and will endeavor to report back on the festivities with photos.

Here's the link (sorry, that photo of yours truly from the earlier con is quite old, ...much work done since then!) lol

http://oafcon2014.blogspot.com

This'll be the first time I've been back to the Oklahoma show in several years. It looks like they've moved to much nicer facilities near Norman (just south of OKC on I-35), which is a BIG plus.

I'll also be representing Morganville: The Digital Series at this show (premiering on Oct. 27th on Geek & Sundry's YouTube channel). I've posted the new trailer over in General, but for those who don't get over there much, here 'tis...

BTW, Vampire Enforcer photos will be available for personalized signing at the show! (thumbs u

Great show! This year Bart pulled out all the stops. The Embassy Suites Hotel in Norman was perfect. Nice sized convention center dealers room, clean rooms, excellent service, ease of access for out-of-state travelers, and best of all, better attended than years past with lots of comics for sale.

Here are some photos taken over the weekend...

imagejpg29_zpsb9ba8ffb.jpg

Foreground: Mike Madden & wife with the affable Bart Bush.

094a2d73-43cf-4357-bf87-2b2a2b95a3e6_zps312a545d.jpg

Artist Kenneth Smith & wife. Alas, the shot above was taken while he was packing up late Sunday, but here's a link to some of his celebrated work...

http://monsterbrains.blogspot.com/2013/01/kenneth-smith.html

This seems to be the only shot I snagged of Kenneth while he was set-up (sorry about the fuzziness)...

6894f841-cef0-4bdc-9599-f731477c2e16_zps67987f03.jpg

Here he's deep in conversation with the affable Bart Bush and fan-art legend Roger Hill (Squa Tront).

That is a show I would like to get to someday. Rich (YellowKid) keeps telling me I should go and I can see why. This show looks like the early Seuling shows in New York I used to attend. Lots of comics and then more comics!!

Maybe in two years when both kids are off to college I'll come out for the festivities.

Good to see Roy Bonario is still around. I bought comics from him when I was a kid.

We are celebrating his eightieth birthday next Saturday with a big get-together for lunch.

Good to see Roy Bonario is still around. I bought comics from him when I was a kid.

We are celebrating his eightieth birthday next Saturday with a big get-together for lunch.

Ask him about Ken Finnerty's letter detailing his comic acquisitions from Multicon '70 (OKC) and prices paid. Wow! Talk about history!