• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Studios Announces Phase 3 Lineup

539 posts in this topic

i still do not think its the character ragnarok, but the event. People really think they are going to do a whole movie about a clone, which the technology to produce doesnt even exist in the MCU.

It will be about Asgard and the Ragnarok event.

That's what I went for first after hearing how Feige described this. 'An ending to it all' sounds more like the event.

http://www.comicvine.com/ragnarok/4045-57103/

Metropolis was quick to update their pricing on Ms Marvel 1 CGC 9.2, now at $350 ... last GPA sale at $161.

:whee:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ms-Marvel-1-CGC-9-4-White-PAGE-Universal-First-appear-Ms-Marvel-Mega-BA-Key-/221581784726?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item33974db696

Ms. Marvel 1 is an EXTREMELY common late BA book. With scant value prior to the rumours of a movie it will be interesting to see how well these prices hold up over the long term as high grade copies flood the census (and market).

-J.

I'll either sell my friends VF copy of Ms Marvel #1 raw or get it graded..Sounds like even 8.0 copies might fetch a pretty good price right now.

Here is the Ragnarok storyline that I first experienced as a kid, and couldn't believe they were 'killing off' Thor.

http://www.comicvine.com/ragnarok/4045-56586/

Thor #272 - The Day the Thunder Failed!

Thor #273 - Somewhere Over the Rainbow Bridge!

Thor #274 - The Eye and the Arrow

Thor #275 - A Balance is Struck!

Thor #276 - Mine - This Hammer!

Thor #277 - Time of the Trolls!

Thor #278 - At Long Last - Ragnarok?

Fun times!

:applause:

So...after Ant Man, do you think Marvel will be using Paul Rudd/Scott Lang in any of the other upcoming movies?

Stick him into Civil War somewhere? Infinity War?

He may end up as this universe's 'Spider-Man'.

I agree. I think Ant-Man will end up more popular than people expect.

Ant-Man = Spider-Man.

Also

Inhumans = X-Men.

I totally agree with Inhumans = X-men

But come on..... Antman does not equal Spiderman.

Misfit teenagers are supposed to relate to Spiderman. That formula doesn't work with a 30 year old Antman.

Was Guardians of the Galaxy supposed to be one of the biggest hit movies for Marvel?

So expand that out to Ant-Man with a very talented and funny actor, and maybe a lightbulb going off above Feige's head when it hit him 'HEY, WE DON'T REALLY NEED SPIDER-MAN DIRECTLY..."

Yep, they can make Ant-Man into the wisecracking jokester like Spider-Man is.

Lang is much more different than Pym`s personality.

Since none of those characters really appeal to me except maybe Captain A, I can just sit back and enjoy the movies and not worry about any of my 'want list' comics from spiraling out of control.

No DD, seriously? What a mistake!

DC needs a strategy, but honestly I'll take a good Batman film any day.

i still do not think its the character ragnarok, but the event. People really think they are going to do a whole movie about a clone, which the technology to produce doesnt even exist in the MCU.

It's mostly the sports card guys and speculator-only crowd who don't read or care to know anything about the source material. They basically typed "Ragnarok" in Google and the character is the first thing that came up. Many of them are trying to pump the hell out of the movie being about the character because they went and bought up ever Civil War #3 they could find. The ill-informed articles written about the Ragnarok announcement don't help either.

It's mostly the sports card guys and speculator-only crowd who don't read or care to know anything about the source material. They basically typed "Ragnarok" in Google and the character is the first thing that came up. Many of them are trying to pump the hell out of it being the character because they went and bought up ever Civil War #3 they could find. The ill-informed articles written about the Ragnarok announcement don't help either.

agreed, just trying to keep it on the rails on this forum anyway.

Here is the Ragnarok storyline that I first experienced as a kid, and couldn't believe they were 'killing off' Thor.

Fun times!

definitely possible, I still feel like they might want to do a more modern take, one that moves towards She-Loki/Kid-Loki as the fans definitely want more loki and that produces a lot of interesting options.

SO, now that we know the phase 3 movies leading up to Avengers Infinity War, how about a game?

There have been 3 gems, or stones, revealed so far:

1 - the Tesseract from Cap1,

2 - the Aether from Thor 2,

3 - the Orb from the Guardians of the Galaxy 1

In which movie(s) do the remaining 3 stones debut? hm

P.S.: I'm going with 3 stones revealed, I've heard some say Loki's spear in Avengers 1 was a stone, but the movie clearly states several times that Loki's spear gets its power from the Tesseract (and that's how it could close the fail-safe Eric Selvig built into the portal).

150745.jpg.9990a6336db29faa3a1cf61c05672ca6.jpg

P.S.: I'm going with 3 stones revealed, I've heard some say Loki's spear in Avengers 1 was a stone, but the movie clearly states several times that Loki's spear gets its power from the Tesseract (and that's how it could close the portal).

the staff is a gem, it has the same power as the tesseract because they are both stones, not because they are the same stone.

Also, Warlock has been shown multiple times, so that's where the soul gem will be. So I would go with 5 gems revealed.

SO, now that we know the phase 3 movies leading up to Avengers Infinity War, how about a game?

Me, I'm guessing Dr. Strange, the Black Panther, and the last one in Avengers Infinity War itself.

also, the infinity war starts before inhumans and captain marvel, so unless the chase for the last stone is part of the story (which it could be), I would say:

civil war and black panther are about earth stuff,

doctor strange will be about his character, occult/magic side of the MCU, and probably used to help educated audiences on a "universe overview, what the threats are, whats at stake, etc)

That leaves Guardians and Thor as the cosmic ones to possible reveal the last stone.

I think we will see Guardians reveal the sixth Stone, Thor to be about asgard and removing them from the fight (to return in Avengers3/4)

I think Avengers 3 will fully reveal warlock, that movie combined with Captain Marvel and the Inhumans will set up for the final show down with Thanos + stones vs everybody and everything.

In the last two hours, I've sold 12 issues of Civil War, 23 issues of Infinity War and 8 issues of Thor between #80 and #85.

No speculating going on here. :facepalm:

Fun times. :popcorn:

Help me out here, lol, how many FIRST appearances of Ragnarok are there. Logic says one.

Wikipedia says he "first appeared in Civil War #3 (July 2006)" and began appearing as a regular character in the Dark Avengers series, beginning with Dark Avengers #175."

All of the news stories I saw also said Civil War #3, but of course they were probably hitting Wikipedia. Now I see Thor #80 as his first appearance...

AHHHHHH

uhm, i highly doubt its named after the lame clone

Ragnarok is refering to the event not the character imo. Why it was referenced as the end of all things.

You are more likely to see She-Loki from a Ragnarok named thor, then a lame clone.

I emailed the reporter of the story that linked the Thor movie to the clone and informed him the press conference actually wasn't about the clone, but about the event. Not that he necessarily cares.

Fun times!

definitely possible, I still feel like they might want to do a more modern take, one that moves towards She-Loki/Kid-Loki as the fans definitely want more loki and that produces a lot of interesting options.

I agree with you Marvel will go with a more modern storyline than the Bronze Age story. But that earlier material is so good. Now after all these years I want to go back and read this.

:whee:

Is this storyline collected in a TPB, and is it worth reading?

http://www.comicvine.com/ragnarok/4045-57103/

Thor #80 - Ragnarok Part The First

Thor #81 - Ragnarok Part The Second

Thor #82 - Ragnarok Part The Third

Thor #83 - Ragnarok Part The Fourth

Thor #84 - Ragnarok Part The Fifth

Thor #85 - Ragnarok Part The Last

P.S.: I'm going with 3 stones revealed, I've heard some say Loki's spear in Avengers 1 was a stone, but the movie clearly states several times that Loki's spear gets its power from the Tesseract (and that's how it could close the fail-safe Eric Selvig built into the portal).

To me, I couldn't see the gem on the thumb in the glove, so perhaps Marvel is whittling them down to four smaller 'infinity gems' - plus the big one in the middle. The green (soul) gem is there, so I would be pretty confident in saying Warlock will show up at some point.

And what is with people buying up 'Infinity War' comics? That's not the series the movie will be about. lol

P.S.: I'm going with 3 stones revealed, I've heard some say Loki's spear in Avengers 1 was a stone, but the movie clearly states several times that Loki's spear gets its power from the Tesseract (and that's how it could close the portal).

the staff is a gem, it has the same power as the tesseract because they are both stones, not because they are the same stone.

Also, Warlock has been shown multiple times, so that's where the soul gem will be. So I would go with 5 gems revealed.

Could be, but what made me doubt that (at the time) was Selvig's words in Avengers 1, referring to Loki's staff, which Black Widow uses to close the portal; he refers to it as, "you can't protect against yourself."

Also, if the point of Avengers 1 was for Loki to get the Tesseract for Thanos, why would Thanos give Loki the only stone he had acquired so far?

- However, I found the quote below on the net; I saw the movie in the theater but don't have it on Blu-ray yet - so I haven't had the chance to study it scene by scene.

"Yet, in Captain America Winter Soldier, Baron Strucker says of Loki's scepter, "it is worth more than any of them ever knew," which to me implies that the scepter wasn't just tapping the Tesseract's power (like the Phase 2 weapons would have)."

So yeah, the staff could be a stone, I suppose. :D

To me, I couldn't see the gem on the thumb in the glove, so perhaps Marvel is whittling them down to four smaller 'infinity gems' - plus the big one in the middle. The green (soul) gem is there, so I would be pretty confident in saying Warlock will show up at some point.

And what is with people buying up 'Infinity War' comics? That's not the series the movie will be about. lol

lol it's better than people buying all the Civil War #3's for Thor's clone. Who knows, maybe Infinity Gauntlet is the source material for Infinity War Part I and Infinity War is the source material for Infinity War Part II, but I doubt it.