• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed :SHAZAM 25 CGC 9.8 1st ISIS. SINGLE Highest Graded on census.

6 posts in this topic

Hi, my name is Corey, and this will be my first 'attempt' anyway, at a sale on these boards. Many of you know me from the Golden Age forum, posting and commenting on many great books. I also collect select Silver and Bronze(the spotlight on this thread). I have been selling mostly comic books(but also toys, magazines, and other collectibles and things) on eBay for years! 'Sagii906g' is my user name there, check the feedback. I've also been buying and sometimes selling with Metropolis for years, and buying from HA and other dealers for years. I chose the Boards instead of eBay for this sale, because i believe 'true' collectors frequent this site, and would appreciate owning this book more. You may also want to check out the select books from my collection i have posted on 'My Slabbed Comics' to get an idea of my passion for the hobby(though only the book in this thread is for sale, and not any of the others).

This is one of my favorite books, which is why i'm only giving it 24 hours from the post date to sell or not. If it does, great! I'll have more income to splurge on golden age from all the auction houses this Winter/Fall. If not, i'll gladly keep it, as it is (for now anyway)a ONE OF A KIND graded item.

It is Shazam #25, the first appearance of Isis. If you were a kid in the 70's like me, Isis needs no introduction. She was the crush of many of our young hearts(played by the beautiful Joanna Cameron), aiding Captain Marvel on occasion, while doling out life lessons on Saturday mornings while we were on our 2nd or 3rd bowl of cereal. It should also be noted, 'The Secrets of Isis' was the first live action female lead super hero TV show (beating Wonder Woman and the Bionic Woman TV shows to the punch!). This is her first comic book appearance. And this is the SINGLE 9.8 CGC has graded to date!! SINGLE. Remarkable for a bronze age book. Today, she is more connected with Black Adam (who is on FIRE)in DC lore, and if her character plays a part in the announced Shazam movie, this will be a centerpiece of ANY collection.

I am asking 1500.00, firm. Again, mostly testing the waters, if it sells, great. If not, i get to keep it and may try again when more details of the Shazam movie come out.

The first :takeit: in the tread wins it.

i will ship to the U.S and Canada, on me. Any international interest, PM me first for shipping costs. I pack very securely.

Payment through Paypal only.

No Probies or HOS.

Thanks for looking, let's see what happens. Any other questions welcome. :grin: CLOSED, no sale. Thanks for looking.

s25_zpscea21819.jpg