• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EXTINCT COMICS !!!!

6 posts in this topic

I remember reading it but I no longer have that guide. I'm guessing #9 or #10 but don't hold me to it. I'm probably wrong.

Here are some comics that I feel are near non existant very very hard to find that weren't mention....

The Batman Record Club comic from '66. Came in a orange cardbord box with record, flicker ring, membership card (I have seen those around), and official Batman Club membership certificate.

Treasure Chest comics summer of '66 & '67 issues. Not many kids going to school in the summer so not to many were printed. Total of 12 different issues came out during those summers. Try and find just one.

Detective Comics #1, #2, #3, & 33 all very hard to find. I think OVERSTREET said #33 only had 25 in existance at one time. I see 21 are in the census now.

Has anyone ever seen the Mini Spider-Man comic still attached to the Esquire or EYE magazines? I've been trying to find one of those ever since they came out in '69.

Can't think of any others right now. But I knew at one time there were a bunch others mentioned. All of them being very old comics as I remember. A lot of Golden, but no silver age stuff was mentioned as I remember. To the best of my knowledge.

Now this is a really interesting topic.

I'd love to see a definitive list.

I mean, thinking statistically, regarding the 1000s of titles published since 1935 (or even before) you'd think at least ONE title now had ONE issue with no known copies whatsoever - in any grade.

What would happen if a comic went out of existence?

Say for instance, a very rich lunatic, destroyed all remaining copies of Action no.1 (except his coverless reader copy!)

If someone destroyed all but one copy, that person may make a lot of money or it could backfire and they would lose. They would have to make up the difference of what they destroyed and still make a profit. If its a key issue they may get richer. If its a non key, something nobody cares about, then whats the sense. Either way is would be a win or lose gamble. To say; "I'm the only one that has one of these!" doesn't get ya any richer.

If someone destroyed all but one copy, that person may make a lot of money or it could backfire and they would lose. They would have to make up the difference of what they destroyed and still make a profit. If its a key issue they may get richer. If its a non key, something nobody cares about, then whats the sense. Either way is would be a win or lose gamble. To say; "I'm the only one that has one of these!" doesn't get ya any richer.

There's an Uncle Scrooge story along these lines. He learns that rare coins are valuable, so he buys every instance of a certain quarter he can find. He then goes into a coin shop to sell one of these quarters expecting to make a killing because all the rest are in his money bin and essentially all out of public circulation. The dealer won't buy the coin from Scrooge because it's so valuable that only someone with as much money as Uncle Scrooge could afford it.