• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Registry format has messed up my descriptions

15 posts in this topic

My descriptions now run together without any spacing or format.

Could this have something to do with the recent change in the look of the Registry's homepage?

I'm not one to nitpick, but I spent hours and hours writing and formatting detailed descriptions for over 300 slabs. That's a lot of fixing to do and I'm not looking forward to doing it myself.

Is there anyway to recover the former look of my set descriptions? Is this a temporary glitch?

Thanks.

Gemma,

As to the ability now to create any kind of custom set, I have a question: does this mean that the requested custom sets that have been shelved for so long are now permanently shelved? Is the self-made custom set replacing the requested custom set?

Hey Gemma,

For over 5 months now in most of my Registry Set descriptions or Bio page I have been dealing with an annoying glitch when I enter an apostrophe. I get "& amp;#39;s" (but the & "and" amp are strung together. If I just type it together now I get an "s") any time I use a contraction or add an apostrophe to show "possession."

Sometimes when I go through and edit it will save my newly rendered corrections for a day or over a month.

However if I go in and edit a set or my Bio it defaults back to "& amp;#39;s"

I have not said anything because, I thought it was just a minor glitch that would work it's way out, and since nobody else has stated the error I thought I would just be patient. Upon seeing this thread - I finally had to say enough is an enough and my futile efforts to correct them every day if I chose to do so are wearing thin on me:(

Anybody else? Or am I just the sole lucky contestant.

Best,

Eric

PS

I also dealt with what the OP was talking about 8 or so months ago, but that glitch seemed to work it's way out a couple months ago for me at least.

• Administrator

Eric,

I will have the team look into this, but if it happens again can you PM or e-mail me a link to the screen showing the glitch? Sorry it has been so annoying.

Thanks!

Gemma, I also discovered another issue with the registry.

When I click on a slot in my set in order to view the picture and description of a particular comic...

and then click on "next slot"...

the website skips several registered issues.

For instance, when I'm looking at issue number nine and I click on next slot in order to view issue number 10, the registry skips all the way to issue 28, even though I have most of the intervening issues registered on the site.

The whole glitch thing seems to occur with some types of punctuation (like quotation marks and apostrophes, in particular). I've noticed the same problem too but it is inconsistent...I have just resorted to excluding these and avoiding contractions altogether :)

The whole glitch thing seems to occur with some types of punctuation (like quotation marks and apostrophes, in particular). I've noticed the same problem too but it is inconsistent...I have just resorted to excluding these and avoiding contractions altogether :)

Well from late 08 into 2014 I never had to resort to this, hope I now don't have to either.