• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Custom Set Creator

5 posts in this topic

So what's the deal with the custom set creator that was newly added to the Registry? I don't recall hearing anything about it prior to seeing it on the website.

Looks interesting. Has anyone used it yet? Yay or nay?

So what's the deal with the custom set creator that was newly added to the Registry? I don't recall hearing anything about it prior to seeing it on the website.

Looks interesting. Has anyone used it yet? Yay or nay?

Lots of us have posted sets. I have three up. Check them out! Easy to use too.

Regarding the Custom Set creator, yesterday I asked this question:

"Gemma,

As to the ability now to create any kind of custom set, I have a question: does this mean that the requested custom sets that have been shelved for so long are now permanently shelved? Is the self-made custom set replacing the requested custom set?"

Here is Gemma's response:

"At this point there is not a clear plan with what to do with the custom sets situation. We will make an announcement once a decision has been made."

So if you have in the past requested a custom set (I have a few requests in that category still pending), that set may never be created.

What's the feeling about this out there in collector land?

There are already, as we all know, dozens of "custom sets" already in existence as "competitive sets" -- Death of Superman, Alex Ross Covers, etc. etc. What happens if someone wants to create a (for example) "Walt Simonson Covers" set? Or some other new custom request? Will these be automatically refused? What about the custom sets that already exist? Will they be relocated to the "Custom Set" tab?

Just fueling a discussion here. This does raise some interesting questions for the competitive sets.

I would say that now is the time to make your preferences known to CGC, as it appears from Gemma's response that decisions are about to be made.

Personally I love the custom sets as it does allow me to build some cool ideas that I know no one will ever have another book in. Example, Everything ________ fill in the blank character as has been seen pretty often. These are cool but seem to just take so much time up.

That being said, is there any way Gemma or anyone else, can create a catch all point allowance. The ranking system seems to be something many are also volleying for so giving everything the 24 point rank to start and once a competitive set is built then someone can complain about why there points are to low or whatever?