• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hammer got angry!!!!!!

46 posts in this topic

Which early Batman books do you own? I have several myself.

Right now I only have BATMAN #9 and #11. I also have a few GA DETECTIVE's, #51, 68 and(off the top of my head) #92. I used to have a very near complete set of BATMAN from around #5 to 70, but they're long gone. Just to tell you how long ago that was, I purchased a lot of them from Danny Dupcak when he ran Fantazia(ties neatly into this thread, huh?). Prices were so much lower in those days; most of the books were high grade(though I'm reasonably certain that more than a few had restoration done to them care of Mr. Dupcak).

I have a really crummy scan from the auction that I won:

685787-batman11.jpg

I've never done my own proper scan of the book. It's in pretty crummy shape; that's what I can afford these days. frown.gif

685787-batman11.jpg.5578c4ce88cb4fe6cf38774a54535f8c.jpg

Nonsense over 90% of the cover is there and that's what the book is all about. I came very close to bidding on the Batman 11 from Heritage the time before it reappeared after going through the chop shop. I sold off most of my early Batman and Detectives. I used to have a 66 to go with your 68. Pretty good story but they couldn't even follow continuity back then in 2 part story that was only a month apart. foreheadslap.gif

I think they did that on purpose, having the Two Face story skip an issue to fit in with the number two motif. At least that's what someone once wrote in an old issue of CBG.

But I know I would have been bewildered if I was reading the book in the forties!

No I meant coninuity with the story writing. He kills one of his henchmen in issue 66 and then in issue 68 he hesitates killing someone because "I'm not a killer yet." screwy.gif

What about in Detective 30-31? They are obviously werewolves, but Batman keeps referring to them as vampires. Then he kills the leader with a silver bullet. foreheadslap.gif

No I meant coninuity with the story writing. He kills one of his henchmen in issue 66 and then in issue 68 he hesitates killing someone because "I'm not a killer yet." screwy.gif

What about in Detective 30-31? They are obviously werewolves, but Batman keeps referring to them as vampires. Then he kills the leader with a silver bullet. foreheadslap.gif

That's cause Batman is a vampire himself. insane.gif

Man, it's been so long since I read the story from 66 that I totally forgot about that!

Guess I'll have to dig up that 100 pager with both stories and re-read them back to back.

Which early Batman books do you own? I have several myself.

Right now I only have BATMAN #9 and #11. I also have a few GA DETECTIVE's, #51, 68 and(off the top of my head) #92. I used to have a very near complete set of BATMAN from around #5 to 70, but they're long gone. Just to tell you how long ago that was, I purchased a lot of them from Danny Dupcak when he ran Fantazia(ties neatly into this thread, huh?). Prices were so much lower in those days; most of the books were high grade(though I'm reasonably certain that more than a few had restoration done to them care of Mr. Dupcak).

I was trying to put a nice CGC set together but stopped about 6 months ago. I currently have Batman #5 CGC 7.5, #6 (7.0), #11 (7.0), #12 (7.0), #15 (7.5), #19 (6.5), #25 (7.0), #26 (8.0), #27 (8.0), #37 (4.0), #40 (4.5), #42 (8.5), #53 (6.5), and #56 (6.5). They're all unrestored. After awhile it became too expensive so I stopped.

I was trying to put a nice CGC set together but stopped about 6 months ago. I currently have Batman #5 CGC 7.5, #6 (7.0), #11 (7.0), #12 (7.0), #15 (7.5), #19 (6.5), #25 (7.0), #26 (8.0), #27 (8.0), #37 (4.0), #40 (4.5), #42 (8.5), #53 (6.5), and #56 (6.5). They're all unrestored. After awhile it became too expensive so I stopped.

Those are some great books, especially #5, which is my personal favorite issue of Batman. A 7.5 must look pretty good on that one; beautiful yellow cover. #37 has my favorite cover I used to own a NM copy of that.

I agree about the expense, that's why I stick to the lower grades these days.

I almost forgot about BATMAN #15. One of the best Catwoman stories, and a wonderful Christmas story. I need to buy some of these books again soon.

Holy-bandwidth-challenging-scans Batman!!! 893whatthe.gif

Great looking books, but ya might try shrinking the scans down a tad before posting... thumbsup2.gif

Sorry about that. I need to learn how to shrink these books using photoshop or something. I just scanned them and post it them. confused.gif