• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Tec 474

9 posts in this topic

Purchased as a raw 9.8, but while it's certainly a sharp copy, I have concerns about a couple of light NCB spine dings, as well as a NCB crease to upper right corner that didn't show up in pics at all, is only obvious under a strong light. Also I'm curious about how the top staple which appears recessed might impact the grade. What say you all?

90pq8h.jpg

2jcg7wm.jpg

15zksoz.jpg

1z1u2wn.jpg

NCB things will probably not affect the grade.

If the cover and all wraps are still attached, it should not be concerned.

Quality Comix sold me the similar copy at 9.8. There is one NCB stress mark on BC. That was not bad at all. We should submit them to CGC soon.

It looks as if there is a ding on the top and bottom left although it is difficult to see against the white background.

Have you got a back cover scan?

Also can you confirm how the upper staple is sat? Looks a little loose?

There looks to be a ding on the upper and bottom left corners - although it is tough to see against the white background.

Could you provide a scan of the back cover?

Also confirm how tight the cover is around the upper left staple? It looks loose, but again hard to tell without the book in hand.

Thanks guys, I very much appreciate the input.

Here are a couple more scans with no background

2ynfi47.jpg

15h1q80.jpg

To me, it looks like the top staple is recessed and there are tiny tears around the staple, but maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Hard to convey by the pics but here's another:

35c4hut.jpg

Thought I'd give it one last bump to see if there are any other opinions before I make the call on whether or not to return. Thanks again everyone!

Thanks guys, I sincerely appreciate the thoughtful input. The knowledge base here is a tremendous resource.