• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suggest me some great and non-expensive storylines

49 posts in this topic

Daredevil 227-233.

Identity Crisis 1-7

Spectacular Spider-Man 107-110

Spider-Man Blue 1-6

Daredevil Vol.2, 1-8

Green Lantern Vol.2 48-50

New Frontier 1-6

Marvel Comics Presents 72-84

Flashpoint 1-5

Ultimate Fantastic Four 21-23 & 30-32 (I personally liked it)

All of these can be found in sets online for less than $15

A couple of years ago, there were tons of great storylines for cheap, but speculation has killed that.

Gotham Central, entire series. Police procedural of the cops in the Batman universe. Bats appears periodically but isn't the main character.

Astro City: Confession arc. Bats equivalent trains his Robin equivalent.

Amazing Spider-Man 698-700 and entire Superior Spider-Man run or at least 1-31 or 32 (haven't read newer issues.)

Chase 1-9 (cancelled after only 9 issues bastiches). Daughter of a superhero hates them but works for gov't agency which tracks or regulates them.

Firearm from Malibu by James Robinson. Private eye w/o powers works cases of people with powers.

Manifest Destiny (2nd or later prints are cheaper) Lewis & Clark's secondary mission was to open the Western US. Their primary mission was to clear the West of monsters.

If you like Copper age stuff try these:

Nexus a little over 100 issues counting all the later minis

'Breed I,II & III by JIm Starlin

Dreadstar,also by Starlin.Started out in Epic Illustrated and movie speculation has driven up the price but you can catch up in the color books.

Mage 1 and 2 by Matt Wagner

Scout (gets NO love) by Tim Truman

Fish Police.Very funny stuff

Some short mini are ROcketeer,Elric from Pacific with killer P Craig Russel art and Somerset Holmes,Camelot 3000(Bolland art).

Guess I'm stuck in the 1980's.