• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Attack on Titan" to Crossover with Marvel Comics

61 posts in this topic

http://media.goboiano.com/news/2118-%2522attack-on-titan%2522-to-crossover-with-marvel-comics

http://io9.com/behold-the-official-marvel-super-heroes-attack-on-titan-1654170623

C.B. Cebulsky is a talent scout for Marvel Comics, and he frequently makes trips for his job. He likely finds himself in Tokyo quite often, but this time he had some mindblowing news in tow.

xy5argtgqidbfsqdbdj8.jpg

The crossover no one said could happen, because no one even considered it a possibility! Marvel's C.B. Cebulski just tweeted the above picture of Spider-Man fleeing Attack on Titan's terrifying, carnivorous giants — announcing that the American superheroes and the hit manga will share an official crossover.

Cebulski says it's a Japanese release, naturally, but I'd be pretty shocked if it didn't get an official U.S. version sooner rather than later — either as a joint release with Attack on Titan's American publisher Kodansha, or as a straight-up Marvel publication. Three thoughts: 1) I never realized how much I wanted to see the Hulk fight a Titan until about 10 minutes ago. 2) Marvel should officially retire the Marvel Zombies to concentrate on Attack on Titan crossovers. 3) If Thanos, as The Mad Titan of the Marvel universe, has something to do with why the manga Titans are attacking, I may actually lose my mind with fanboyish glee.

I've read a few of the manga books and watched all of the episodes. I think it paces better for TV than manga (plus all of the action, speed, angles and acrobatic are just more impressive in motion than on the flat page).

I'm not a big anime fan, but AoT intrigues me. The commercials on Adult Swim make the show seem badass. I think it's on netflix, I may have to give it a chance. hm

I watched it on Netflix...

Freaking awesome. It's hard waiting on Season 2

I'm not a big anime fan, but AoT intrigues me. The commercials on Adult Swim make the show seem badass. I think it's on netflix, I may have to give it a chance. hm

(thumbs u

-slym

The first half of the show is rather slow and dull, however the later half is considerably better. I'd give my opinions on it, but it's sort of hard to without going into spoilers.

Wow. Attack on Titan may be the best overall fictional creation of the past decade.

I have many friends who hate anime/manga but all absolutely love it. I will be picking it up.

If anyone is interested in it I strongly recommend reading/watching it. Season 1 is on netflix and the anime art is much better than the manga, but season 2 hasn't started yet so the wait will be brutal. Manga is a fair bit further along.

i watched the entire series so far on Netflix and I can't wait for more, unfortunately they say it may be a couple years before new episodes are out

Read the manga, right now. With it not really being in development yet as you said it could be awhile. The series just has climax after climax and is a nonstop thrill ride. It just gets crazier and crazier.

Also when they mentioned the crossover my first thought was I wonder if Spider-man was an influence in the creation of 3DMG for the writer.

LOVEDDDDDD the first season. Honestly I prefer the Japanese version (which is on Netflix) to the Adult Swim version, some of the voice acting and translation isn't as strong. O well this happens alot with anime. I go to Tokyo alot for work so I will definitely pick up some copies of this when it comes out, looks amazing.

LOVEDDDDDD the first season. Honestly I prefer the Japanese version (which is on Netflix) to the Adult Swim version, some of the voice acting and translation isn't as strong. O well this happens alot with anime. I go to Tokyo alot for work so I will definitely pick up some copies of this when it comes out, looks amazing.

ive only started watching the original Japanese versions of anime a couple years ago, but I have to say I enjoy it so much more then the horrible English dubs that come out

Man! I thought AoT was my private guilty pleasure.

Glad to see others like it as well! (thumbs u

I'll have to que up Attack on Titan and check it out. I watched that Netflix original anime "Knights of Sidonia" and really enjoyed it.

Sampling one now that is somewhat bizarre (under statement) called "Freezing".

I really don't know what to make of it. It's a weird blend of ridiculous T&A, high school cliques and some deeply complex sci fi yarn. It's like someone tossed Zenescope covers, a Mean Girls dvd and some Philip K. paperbacks into a blender. Never experienced anything like it before.

I liked the concept of AoT but just couldn't stand most of the main characters and in episode pace.

At any point before a decision is made a character will stop and antagonize over what they are about to do, they flashback on there entire life (every time!), think about weather they should just die right here as they may not be worthy enough to continue forward. This happens multiple times in the most of the episodes sometimes even to the same character.

Opening doors is hard.

The episodes themselves suffer greatly from lack of funding and flashback filler. In an average episode there is the opening/closing, intro flash back, next episode preview, and in story flash back. Out of 24 minutes the actual episode only goes on for 18 minutes (not including a complete flashback episode of filler).

I'll have to que up Attack on Titan and check it out. I watched that Netflix original anime "Knights of Sidonia" and really enjoyed it.

Sampling one now that is somewhat bizarre (under statement) called "Freezing".

I really don't know what to make of it. It's a weird blend of ridiculous T&A, high school cliques and some deeply complex sci fi yarn. It's like someone tossed Zenescope covers, a Mean Girls dvd and some Philip K. paperbacks into a blender. Never experienced anything like it before.

Freezing is great later on. It is seinen genre, age 15-24.

Not sure if Netflix has "Gantz" but check it out if it is there.