• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need an opinion on this Thor 202

13 posts in this topic

I picked this book up from my LCS a few weeks back. He got in a nice run of higher grade Thors and gave me a call. Anyway, this books is nice, but ahs distributor spray on it. Will the Dist Spray affect the grade? And what grade do you folks give it?

Thor202Front.jpg

Thor202zack.jpg

Because of ever-so-slightly bluntling LRC and something that's made the URC "curl" a bit....(unless it's some kinda' illusion) I'll give it a 9.2. Pretty sure it's no worse than a 9.0. Don't think that distrubuter's ink effects the grade in this range.

I have a Green Lantern 85 with a similar problem. I also don't think the overspray detracts from the technical grade (as long as the book isn't super HG), but the price it would realize would obviously be less than a clean copy. Nice pickup!

Thanks, I didnt think that overspray affects the books grade, other than aesthetically. Anyone else This place is full of opinions, except when I want one Christo_pull_hair.gif

My opinion is that Thor "died" after #179 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

9.0 or so due to distributor ink, URC slightly bent, and bend near LLC. If there is no bend on the LLC, then possibly a 9.2, but still most likely 9.0 because of the prominence of the spray.

Because of ever-so-slightly bluntling LRC and something that's made the URC "curl" a bit....(unless it's some kinda' illusion) I'll give it a 9.2. Pretty sure it's no worse than a 9.0. Don't think that distrubuter's ink effects the grade in this range.

I just spoke with John at CGC about this today. Distributor ink does affect the grade at this level.

at what level does the spray not affect the grade?

Hi FFB, good to see you again hi.gif

There isn't a hard and fast rule. Distributor ink will always affect the grade in some way, though on a really low grade book it might not have an appreciable effect.

I just spoke with John at CGC about this today. Distributor ink does affect the grade at this level.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Interesting....

The spray doesn't hurt the grade much.

I have a CGC 9.4 from the same era with more overspray than yours. gossip.gif

I'd guess yours is in the 9.2/9.4 range. thumbsup2.gif