• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oh look........The Signature Room has become the Best of the Best Room again....

56 posts in this topic

I think we have this conversation once every 6 months so just to speed this along and don't shoot the messenger.

NOT going to have a separate forum. Asked told us a resounding NO, and that was the end of the conversation.

In a way I kind of like some of these as we do see new art presented whenever some of these come along and maybe there would be a way to have each of these with photo only and then banter somewhere else but honestly we would still have a bunch of the OMG smiley face popcorn eating things and that would bump the conversation quite a bit anyways.

Its funny as when we don't do these people post and ask, and when we do this conversation comes up. Damned if we do and damned if we don't I guess. But yeah, these aren't going anywhere at least unless the CGC Gods show favor upon us from Mount Slabus.....

As long as they don't knock out important stuff, I don't think it is a big deal. But when they get bumped en masse and knock other stuff off, that is bogus.

Right now, there is not much going on.

Yeah, I've also noticed it is a bit dead in this room lately. I'd rather look at some cool "Best of" threads in here than all the damned movie threads (or value threads masquerading as movie threads) in CG. 2c

But is signature room activity down because sketch sales and possibly signature submissions might be down?

[font:Book Antiqua]

For some reason

members are not posting SS books anymore (Or at least not in a frequent way).

If members are posting mostly Sketches (Because Best of the best or any other reason)

they deserve the Spotlight.

It is what it is.

[/font]

Isnt it also kind of due to the ebb and flow of the con season?

SS also seems like there's less of discussion around SS books, and more just appreciation of books that are being posted (in Best of, or other places).

I can think of other threads (like Golden Age) that have mostly "themed" threads (Atlas, Pre code, Sci-Fi, Specific Pedigrees), and just a few active discussion threads because that corner of the hobby is less about debate and more just appreciating.

I think SS falls into that same category (unless there is an Op that has some problem, then look out cause SS will catch fire for a while!)

I'm with whomever decides to christen the subforum JJ's House

I second this if we name it Jimmy and JJ's House of Fun.

I want to hit you with a steel chair in the small of the back so badly right now in full Ultimate Warrior paint...it hurts...almost as much as you never calling your BFF anymore

:(

I want to hit you with a steel chair in the small of the back so badly right now in full Ultimate Warrior paint...it hurts...almost as much as you never calling your BFF anymore

I'm a busy man JJ. So many video games to play in the off season.

I'm a busy man JJ. So many video games to play in the off season.

So many shamans, so little time