• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

As long as its as good as Winter Soldier they can't go wrong but with this many characters it has the danger of becoming Avengers 2.5 rather than Cap 3.

Winter Soldier is #1/#2 for me as a favorite MCU movie (it's a trade-off with Guardians). So I am assuming the Russo Brothers will maintain that same great storytelling approach. But you are right - this could get way out of hand.

:wishluck:

I found Winter Soldier about half an hour too long and too simplistic. There was plenty of overacting in the film as well. It was fun the first time, but as I catch it on TV now I find myself liking the movie less and less as there are more problems you notice with it. It does not stand the test of time as well as Avengers, the first Iron Man, or GoTG for me.

Like I said in another thread, Marvel should have gone straight into the Infinity War Arc instead of Civil War for the simple reason that it has been set up so well already. Save Civil War until after that to kill off Cap.

if it gets too dicey, all one of the characters has to do is say "martha," and that magical incantation will make everything as right as rain.

No, what they will do is say "I'm with you to the end of the line", click their heels, and decades of brainwashing will magically disapper. lol

It was assumed there was going to be a much more obvious link between Cap 3 and the Netflix shows with Alfre Woodard in the movie.

tumblr_n2x450il0g1rbqqmro1_250.jpg

Here’s Who Alfre Woodard Plays in ‘Captain America: Civil War’

You may be reading that headline thinking, “Wait, Alfre Woodard is in Captain America: Civil War?” She is, though Marvel only officially revealed that little casting tidbit today. In an e-mail sent to press inviting coverage to the upcoming Captain America: Civil War premiere in Los Angeles, Woodard was listed as one of the film’s cast members who will be in attendance. The immediate reaction would be that Woodard is making an early appearance as Mariah Dillard, the Luke Cage villain she’s playing on Marvel’s Netflix show.

According to sources, Woodard has a small, but pivotal role in the beginning of the film. She’ll be playing the mother of an American citizen who was killed during the Battle of Sokovia in Age of Ultron. Her character has a confrontation with Tony Stark where she lays both guilt and blame at him for the death of her son. It’s this encounter that convinces Tony to back the Sokovia Accords that would regulate The Avengers and other “enhanced individuals.”

It was assumed there was going to be a much more obvious link between Cap 3 and the Netflix shows with Alfre Woodard in the movie.

You may be reading that headline thinking, “Wait, Alfre Woodard is in Captain America: Civil War?” She is, though Marvel only officially revealed that little casting tidbit today. In an e-mail sent to press inviting coverage to the upcoming Captain America: Civil War premiere in Los Angeles, Woodard was listed as one of the film’s cast members who will be in attendance. The immediate reaction would be that Woodard is making an early appearance as Mariah Dillard, the Luke Cage villain she’s playing on Marvel’s Netflix show.

According to sources, Woodard has a small, but pivotal role in the beginning of the film. She’ll be playing the mother of an American citizen who was killed during the Battle of Sokovia in Age of Ultron. Her character has a confrontation with Tony Stark where she lays both guilt and blame at him for the death of her son. It’s this encounter that convinces Tony to back the Sokovia Accords that would regulate The Avengers and other “enhanced individuals.”

People died in AOU? Looked like it had a death toll of 1

lol

During the Battle of Sokovia, when the buildings were collapsing and a portion of the city was levitated, I assumed there were people in those buildings. But never got a feel from the movie what level of destruction it was.

Battle of Sokovia wiki

The battle caused the death of 177 civilians and $474 billion in damage.

She's QuickSilver's mom

She's QuickSilver's mom

lol

lol

During the Battle of Sokovia, when the buildings were collapsing and a portion of the city was levitated, I assumed there were people in those buildings. But never got a feel from the movie what level of destruction it was.

Battle of Sokovia wiki

177 seems waaay too low

lol

Battle of Sokovia wiki

177 seems waaay too low

They got really good at evacuating civilians after the Battle of NY

lol

Battle of Sokovia wiki

177 seems waaay too low

They got really good at evacuating civilians after the Battle of NY

:applause:

Got that right!

It's really hard to tell whether 177 casualties feels low to me -- the movie spent a good chunk of time showing the Avengers clearing Sokovia of its citizens before the big battle (and I liked how committed Cap was to that task).

The SHIELD helicarrier scenes added to the sense that everyone was out of the city. Still, it's a big populated area...dunno. At least the movie showed the heroes working hard to keep people safe.

D

Surely more than that died? There must be hundreds of thousands if not millions in the city.

They would need hours and hours to get them all out and they didn't have that time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel Studios deviates from the comics, and Steve Rogers survives CW. Perhaps another character besides Cap bites the dust?

I thought Chris Evans & RDJ have at least one more film after Civil War on their respective contracts.

Not sure about Renner & Johansson hm

Hawkeye would be my guess, though I like the character Renner has developed.

Or Black Widow? I sorta can't see 'em killin' off the Black Widow though, since the MCU doesn't have that many female leads compared to male.