• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

First Captain America: Civil War Short Reviews From Critics

"Captain America: Civil War is so good, it’s a better Avengers movie than the last Avengers movie. I’m trying not to talk about Civil War by comparing it to BvS, but it’s hard. It succeeds because it's exactly what that film is not: FUN. The big battle scene in Civil War is an absolute blast. Spider-Man, as you'd expect, steals the show. Ant-Man, as you might not, a close 2nd. Civil War and BvS tackle some of the same themes and have similar beats, yet Cap works because we know and care about these characters."

"Captain America: Civil War is a complex mystery posing a big, fun superhero film. Lots of themes and emotions. Very unexpected & VERY good. I honestly don't know how Civil War works. There's so much going on but it does. Spidey is AMAZING. Made me smile & laugh till my face hurt. I'll also admit, after 1 viewing, I have some small issues with the film. I'm guessing they'll shrink after a 2nd viewing to unpack them tho. I could go on all night with this but one last thing. The airport scene in Civil War is probably the best superhero action scene ever."

"I liked it. Oh yeah, the big fight in Captain America: Civil War is cinematic joy. And Spider-Man is so great. He's in it more than I thought he'd be. I'm pretty sure Captain America: Civil War is my favorite Marvel movie. Really didn't think I'd care *that* much seeing Spider-Man hanging out with all the other characters. But there he was and it made me happy!"

"First things first: we finally have the perfect Spider-Man and the greatest Peter Parker. Next: Black Panther is incredible. Boseman plays him as both regal and full of rage. The most serious character in the film. The movie is bigger in scale than WINTER SOLDIER but is so much more personal. The stakes are incredibly emotional. You have only seen 1% of the airport fight. The action is incredible. There's a staircase fight that turns into a chase that's an all timer. Finally: the last fight between Steve and Tony is unlike anything you've seen in a Marvel movie. They're both right. You just want them to stop fighting. It packs a serious emotional punch. I lied. One last last thing: this movie plays like a repudiation of BATMAN V SUPERMAN. A devastating reply."

"CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is literally going to make all the money. CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is a Barry Bonds steroids hitting home-run by Marvel & Russo Brothers. And I LOVED Spider-Man in the film. LOVED. Chadwick Boseman is fantastic as Black Panther. Can't wait to see his solo film. He absolutely nailed the role. CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR has such incredible action set pieces because you care about the people fighting. It's not just punching bad guys. For press screening they don't show any trailers. We did see one after the credits scene but Marvel usually holds the final one for release."

"CA:CW is fantastic. Flat out fantastic. Either my #2 or #3 favorite Marvel film so far. Better than BVS, not quite as good as Deadpool. Winter Soldier had a better of a story, Civil War better action and set pieces... I'll give a SLIGHT nod to WS over CW, but CW is incredible."

:whee:

I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel Studios deviates from the comics, and Steve Rogers survives CW. Perhaps another character besides Cap bites the dust?

I thought Chris Evans & RDJ have at least one more film after Civil War on their respective contracts.

Not sure about Renner & Johansson hm

Hawkeye would be my guess, though I like the character Renner has developed.

Or Black Widow? I sorta can't see 'em killin' off the Black Widow though, since the MCU doesn't have that many female leads compared to male.

It could very well be someone else dying. Iron Man is holding War Machine and his eyes are closed.

Rumor has it that Cap and Iron Man are supposed to make an appearance in the next Spider-Man film.

Then again Caps death could still happen and then a flashback scene with Cap in the Spider-Man film.

Rumor has it that Cap and Iron Man are supposed to make an appearance in the next Spider-Man film.

Then again Caps death could still happen and then a flashback scene with Cap in the Spider-Man film.

You are right about the rumors. Especially when RDJ let slip about Atlanta filming.

SPIDER-MAN: Other Marvel Characters Will Appear

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has confirmed that Marvel Studios characters will appear in Sony’s next Spider-Man movie.

“He is in the universe now, and the fun of the universe is that characters go back and forth,” Feige told EW.

But which characters will it be visiting Peter Parker? Feige wouldn't say - though Civil War co-director Joe Russo jumped in to suggest the Great Lakes Avengers - but in November 2015, Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans let slip that they’d be returning to Atlanta for filming on another project after Civil War.

:whee:

Just read that multiple death scenes were filmed but the prevailing thoughts are that the Cap death will be for real only for Evans' Cap to be resurrected at the end of Infinity War Part 1

We find out in less than a month.

Daniel Brühl Discusses Baron Zemo’s Role in Captain America: Civil War

Speaking to Total Film (via CBM), Brühl shared he was carefully instructed by Marvel to not reveal any details about his character – as per the legendary Marvel secrecy. According to Brühl, Zemo is a mysterious character, which is why he has been kept under wraps.

“I was really told not to because there are so many secrets in the film. And also my character’s quite mysterious, so I’m really scared to say too much. The things I’ve mentioned in interviews before were already too much – and I thought it was nothing!”

“Some of the things that happen in the film, and why they happen, are because of him. He is orchestrating things that happen throughout the film. I think that’s something I can say, goddam it!”

I talked to two people that have seen it and they were blown away. :applause:

yah I know a guy who saw it. His exact phrasing: "I loved Winter Solder, this was better. And I liked Ant-man more after this movie, even though the Ant-man movie was just average."