• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

Well, guess it's time to finally see Ant Man....

Don't. If you waited this long watch him in Civil War first. The Ant Man movie did well at the box office but is a mediocre film at best. Sounds like Ant Man is better in the new movie so use that as your intro to the character instead.

Ant Man...is a mediocre film at best.

Wrong.

We will agree to disagree. You did not like BvS, which I did. Ant Man was a very weak movie. It is the one Marvel movie both of my kids do not like. That says a lot. lol

Wrong.

I have to agree. My wife and I both loved Ant-Man. It was a different kind of Marvel movie.

My two kids and my wife did not like it. I expected it to be weak due to the lead actor. Paul Rudd is not a strong enough presence to carry a weak concept like Ant Man.

Wrong.

I have to agree. My wife and I both loved Ant-Man. It was a different kind of Marvel movie.

My two kids and my wife did not like it. I expected it to be weak due to the lead actor. Paul Rudd is not a strong enough presence to carry a weak concept like Ant Man.

Most people would disagree with you there.

The red carpet premiere of this movie is out this week. Marvel must be pretty confident they have a winner here.

Yeah I pretty sure this movie is already a A+ winner.

Everyone who has seen it already has said the movie lives up to the hype and there is a scene that comic book fans are supposed to go nuts when they see it.

All I care to know is does Marvel/Disney have the balls to do the story as intended or will the cop out and kill someone else.

I have zero faith in Marvel/Disney

Wrong.

Most? It depends on who you hang out with. Most of the people I know either did not see the movie or thought it was weak. Granted, a lot of them did not like AoU so they skipped Ant-Man, but the ones that saw it felt it was one of the weakest Marvel movies so far. The main reason - the guy who played Ant-Man.

I get what Marvel was trying to do in casting Paul Rudd - they were hoping for another Chris Pratt. Pratt just has a much better on screen presence than Rudd does.

All I care to know is does Marvel/Disney have the balls to do the story as intended or will the cop out and kill someone else.

I have zero faith in Marvel/Disney

How dare you! You are only allowed to post that every Marvel movie will be awesome.

Turn in your M.M.M.S. cards immediately. (tsk)

Wrong.

Most? It depends on who you hang out with. Most of the people I know either did not see the movie or thought it was weak. Granted, a lot of them did not like AoU so they skipped Ant-Man, but the ones that saw it felt it was one of the weakest Marvel movies so far. The main reason - the guy who played Ant-Man.

I get what Marvel was trying to do in casting Paul Rudd - they were hoping for another Chris Pratt. Pratt just has a much better on screen presence than Rudd does.

Personally I thought Ant-Man was a wonderful movie and Paul Rudd was great in it.

Hey all --

Marvel is very confident in this movie, it's clear. Apparently the new heroes are introduced very well, and there's an action scene ("the airport scene") that runs for 17 or so minutes and has all kinds of critics/fans saying it's one of the best action scenes ever in a superhero film.

Sorry if that's spoilery, but I'm excited to see how this movie comes together. Whereas Whedon got too glib/jokey by the end of AoU for my taste, I have all kinds of faith in the Russo brothers and their screenwriters. It's almost the same crew overall that made 'Winter Soldier', which continues to be in my top 2 Marvel films along with the first Avengers.

Dan

Wrong.

Personally I thought Ant-Man was a wonderful movie and Paul Rudd was great in it.

I agree completely.

Wrong.

(thumbs u