• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what do you do when this happens??

114 posts in this topic

This flake is obviously using every tactic to avoid being responsible

for entering into a purchase agreement for a book.

Your first mistake was not recognizing that he or she is a flake and

wasting your time.

At this point, you should name this loser so others in this "community" don't

have to deal with them.

I have no doubt the loser damaged the book on purpose as a last resort tactic.

The per capita ratio of flakes buying and selling in this place is ridiculously higher to anywhere else on the internet.

That is what happens when you provide a "no fee" venue to sell items.

It attracts bottom feeders.

Personally I have found it so much easier to cut my losses and not force a transaction that is trouble from the start. The book or books will sell again to someone who will appreciate them.

The book is now seriously damaged and I think a few things could have happened.

1. USPS did a bit of a shake, rattle and roll.

2. Someone else who signed for the book did a bit of shake, rattle and roll.

3. The buyer mishandled the book and did a bit of their own shake, rattle and roll after the other person who signed for it.....

Personally I have found it so much easier to cut my losses and not force a transaction that is trouble from the start. The book or books will sell again to someone who will appreciate them.

It is a little late but the minute he said he didn't trust me I would have ended the transaction

I feel bad that you've had to deal,with this but I would out them. I certainly want to avoid this person

It is a little late but the minute he said he didn't trust me I would have ended the transaction

I feel bad that you've had to deal,with this but I would out them. I certainly want to avoid this person

PL or HOS??

The nerve of some people. I can't for the life of me understand not paying for a book right away.I mean if you're going to post the :takeit: you better have the dough in hand.

With rest of this scenario there seems to be way too many red flags,something happened on the buyers end.

I'm not sure if th person is eligible. They completed the transaction and you have no proof they deliberately damaged the book.

I know personally I would never hesitate to purchase a book from you.

I'm not sure if th person is eligible. They completed the transaction and you have no proof they deliberately damaged the book.

That's what I was thinking - but what about the move with a USPS claim and Paypal??? (thumbs u

That's what I was thinking - but what about the move with a USPS claim and Paypal??? (thumbs u

You should out this piece of work,so nobody else deals with him.

So you refunded him and hasn't sent the book back?

No. He notified me on 11/13 and I offered a refund on 11/13 - but only if he sent everything back.

When I didn't hear back from him I opened a claim to cover the damage of the book - something was going on.

I eventually heard back from him on 11/18.

The nerve of some people. I can't for the life of me understand not paying for a book right away.I mean if you're going to post the :takeit: you better have the dough in hand.

That's kind of how I feel. I've almost always paid immediately when I've bought something (I'm sure there has been a time or two that it took me a few days, but I can't specifically recall it).

If you hit the :takeit:, you should be able to pay for it on the spot (or have time payments worked out).

People are strange though. I've had people ask me if I can offer time payments on $100 item. I told them no.

Buyer in this transaction sounds like a true PITA. Hindsight is always 20/20, but you should've cancelled the sale and relisted once the "trouble" started.

So if I understand it

He has the book

You have the money

You've opend a claim with USPS

Is that correct?

He has the book.

I have the money - although there's a dispute now with paypal.

I opened a claim with the USPS because I certainly wasn't going to come out of pocket after being treated the way I was by the buyer - coupled with my belief the buyer was pulling some kind of scam.

So now that there is a open usps claim, if he did indeed damage the book after receiving it then he has now commuted felony mail fraud right?

Out the deadbeat.

I'm of the belief the buyer has issues. I'm not sure what constitutes Mail Fraud.

You should out this piece of work,so nobody else deals with him.

exactly