• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sony making a Aunt May movie, without spider-man?

55 posts in this topic

The Parker's parents storyline is a snoozer

Wish they'd stop that

The whole point of Peter Parker was he was a nondescript nobody who got super powers

Not he was a legacy of some super scientist with webs of intrigue....

Criminy

I have no idea, just something someone posted on the article as a comment. But it wouldnt surprise me if the article writers were way off.

Like when Ragnarok was announced, and the bloggers just google Marvel Raganarok, and started writing articles about the clone from civil war. It took a while for people to realize that was the wrong Ragnarok (that it was the event, not the character).

Hopefully its a case of the same thing, wrong May Parker

The same thing happened with the Garfield Spider-Man, as the Garfield Spider-Man is based more on Ultimate Spider-Man, then the Lee and Ditko version.

So

Andrew Garfield Spider-Man= Ultimate Spider-Man(Bendis&Bagley).

Tobey Maguire Spider-Man = Classic Spider-Man (Lee&Ditko).

If the majority of old-timers realized that the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies are based on the Ultimate Spider-Man comic books,then they probably would have enjoyed it more. Similar to how the Avengers movie was more based on Ultimate Avengers, then the classic Avengers.

Sony should have called the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies The Ultimate Spider-Man, instead of Amazing Spider-Man, so old-time Spider-Man fans would know to avoid confusion.

An example is I loved Classic Coke, and was disappointed when they tried to give me the new Coke.

;)

That would be okay.

I'm not posh, I'm not old-fashioned.

A fight scene between Ultimate Aunt May and the Ultimate Celestial Fifth Host would work for me as well.

Even Sony says 'ARE YOU NUTS?'

--------------------

When reached by CBR News, a source within Sony stated that the report of a Spider-Man spinoff starring a young Aunt May is a “silly rumor” with “no validity whatsoever.”

--------------------

AUNT MAYYYYYYYYYYY.

:cry:

:(

--------------------

When reached by CBR News, a source within Sony stated that the report of a Spider-Man spinoff starring a young Aunt May is a “silly rumor” with “no validity whatsoever.”

--------------------

AUNT MAYYYYYYYYYYY.

oh well, I guess it's time to dump all your AF 15's now...

:sorry:

Maybe Aunt May worked for Oscorp before Peter was born. She was Norman's mistress and that's why they bumped off Uncle Ben.

I mean cmon, everyone in the new ASM movies worked for Oscorp at some point in their lives. doh!

--------------------

--------------------

AUNT MAYYYYYYYYYYY.

AF #15 should weather the storm, but those ST #97s should be sold before this news becomes widespread...

--------------------

--------------------

AUNT MAYYYYYYYYYYY.

AF #15 should weather the storm, but those ST #97s should be sold before this news becomes widespread...

Also sell all those Lego Aunt Mays as the bubble is about to burst. :)

--------------------

--------------------

AUNT MAYYYYYYYYYYY.

Also sell all those Lego Aunt Mays as the bubble is about to burst. :)

Sony doesn't know what's missing dissing an Aunt May movie but remember they came out with the Betamax - bad decisions :D