• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It has been months

11 posts in this topic

Since I made a journal entry

But I finally chose my coupon books that I got from my free renewal/award for 'best presentation' and they are now verified.

I am curious - two of the books are book purchased for the go-go check set and gifted to me by Ronnylama. He's just an all-around good human being, and I am proud to call him my friend. Another of the books is courtesy of Tnerb's sharp eyes at NYCC and my agreeing to make the purchase via cell phone - sight unseen - while riding by bicycle around the countryside. It can be tough to concentrate on comics while there are eagles overhead - fortunately for me Tnerb has an excellent eye for quality books, again a great human being that I am proud to call my friend.

The last of the four is for my Strange Adventures set instead of the go-go checks - and I picked this one up raw myself. From the 50s, and I'm hoping for a strong VF on this one.

Anyway - the books are now verified - so in just a couple of short weeks, we shall know.

Thank you gentlemen.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Happy Hunting!

Lee K

16081.jpg

See more journals by Lee K

Watch that first step!!! lol

I completely agree about RonnyLama and Tnerb. Both guys are beyond fantastic and I'm blessed to call them friend and brother.

I can't wait to see how your four books turn out! I did my four free books at Baltimore and was very happy with my grades, especially since three of them were OCC Daredevil books that my dad and I collected years ago.

Definitely let us know how they turn out. :)

Great photo of you enjoying the world outside of comics! For yourself, Tnerb, bogofleas, RonnyLama and many others here, it would be great to meet all of you someday!

I agree. I would love to actually meet you in person as well as Surfer99, RonnyLama, Shivabali, Lee K, SW3D and many others.

Great photo of you enjoying the world outside of comics! For yourself, Tnerb, bogofleas, RonnyLama and many others here, it would be great to meet all of you someday!

Next time I'm as far east as Colorado - I'll let you know.

Because I would like to meet you too.

That was a perfectly good airplane you jumped out of, you know that don't you? You are brave man my friend. Really hoping we get to hang out again at ECCC next year...best...time...ever. More the merrier!

Can't wait to see how your books come back, and the way you obtained them makes 'em even more special. How cool is this family of collectors we belong to? :)