• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OSPG vs Reality

83 posts in this topic

Where do you guys see the greatest disparity between OSPG and real world sales. Meaning, where OSPG is stuck on prices that were in line with actual sales at one point but since then sale prices have not kept up.

Byrne X-Men and Miller DD come to mind.

Where do you guys see the greatest disparity between OSPG and real world sales. Meaning, where OSPG is stuck on prices that were in line with actual sales at one point but since then sale prices have not kept up.

Byrne X-Men and Miller DD come to mind.

I thought most Silver age DCs were a better example. OSPG has DCs at a greater price than they sell at shows/stores etc

One area that I would like the price guide to properly reflect is the ultra common 90's books that are not keys.

They are all listed as 3.00 in NM when in fact these books are 4 for a dollar bin fodder.

Every time I go to look at some collection the owner values these books at 3 dollars.

One area that I would like the price guide to properly reflect is the ultra common 90's books that are not keys.

They are all listed as 3.00 in NM when in fact these books are 4 for a dollar bin fodder.

Every time I go to look at some collection the owner values these books at 3 dollars.

The OPSG won't show a book at less than cover price in NM. That's probably what is going on there.

-slym

I always thought OSPG priced pre-hero Marvels under their street value - but I never see enough of them around to know for sure.

I agree with common books having $3 value - that's been an absurdity for decades. In the 90's we were laughing that common issues of The Fly or Superpro were $3, when they were barely 25¢ bin material.

Byrne X-Men...

(thumbs u

I'm learning from my own most recent sales thread that these books aren't always nearly as liquid as they used to be.

Who knows? Maybe one day someone will do a proper "Dark Phoenix" movie, and the pendulum will swing back... (shrug)

I always thought OSPG priced pre-hero Marvels under their street value - but I never see enough of them around to know for sure.

OSPG is generally low on pre-hero Marvels, and once you get above Fine it is really low. If anyone would like to sell me their 8.0-9.0 pre-hero at guide prices I'd take out a second mortgage to raise the funds.