• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Giant Size X-Men #1

7 posts in this topic

I'd love to get some thoughts on this book...a couple issues have me hm

1) There appear to be some striations (without texture) in the red ink in the "Giant Size X-Men" logo on the fc. You can see it in the scan here...looks like thin white/yellow cracks in the ink. It's perfectly smooth...must be production related?

2) Red ink scribble lower left corner back cover

Otherwise, there's the standard ncb crinkling, gripper marks on the bottom edge, and blunting on the lower spine corner.

What say ye?

gsxmen1_f_zps096a83e6.jpggsxmen1_r_zps869d890f.jpg

The top looks trimmed by a decent amount...The rest of it is correctly a lined just the top looks trimmed.

Never suspected that. hm I believe that's just the registration on this particular copy...here's one with similar top-to-bottom registration (just some random photo I found out there):

devera2014-1-31-1.jpg

It is a solid copy but most I see have a little more on the top. Maybe misaligned as wolverine claws aren't touching bottom edge. I bought an xmen 94 from midtown comics and it looked fine to vf. Right as I sent it in it said trimmed. I thought misaligned I was wrong. Be an interesting item to grade. I say a 7-7.5. Nice book...Please don't press it

It's not trimmed. :eyeroll:

Book has some problems, as you pointed out.

The logo ink is a printing defect (but one that's hard to overlook). There's a thread about that type of defect somewhere around here - look in the common defect thread in the restoration forum.