• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Uncanny X-men #1 - Added actual scans

11 posts in this topic

I just put up these new actual scans, please rate based on them.

The book is much cleaner than I thought. The only question is if the worn areas near the spine will bring the grade out of VF range.

xmen-1.jpg

xmen-2.jpg

It's hard to tell from these cell phone shots, but this looks to me like VF range. I don't know what the stains are on the back cover. Do you think its enough to pull it out of VF?

798191614_o.jpg

798191611_o.jpg

798191616_o.jpg

It's hard to tell from these cell phone shots, but this looks to me like VF range. I don't know what the stains are on the back cover. Do you think its enough to pull it out of VF?

Yes, absolutely.

Yes, absolutely.

Hah I misunderstood... I thing a press could bring it to VF range

From the PGM Guidelines, Helpful Hints and General Etiquette

TIPS ON SCANNING

Don't crop the edges of your scans too tight to the book, edges and corners tell a lot about a grade.

Worth repeating! Place a coloured backer board or paper behind your book prior to scanning. This will help to accentuate the edges of your book making it easier to grade. Be sure that the backer board is not the same or similar colour as the general colours of the front or back cover.

It might also help with the washing out that seems to have happened to the stains on the back cover.