• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Book thirteen-Day thirteen

7 posts in this topic

Avengers #98

After seeing RonnyLama's post I wanted to show off the best Avengers comic book I own. I purchased this raw from Greg Reece at the New York Special Edition. The price was too good to pass up, and the condition looked like the best 9.4 I ever saw. That's the grade I thought it would get.

At Philadelphia Wizard World I had the book pressed by CCS, graded by CGC, and returned to me before the weekend was over. I was shocked when it was returned. This book helped me realize it is totally possible to achieve a 9.8 grade on books from 1972. I know it won't be easy but, it is possible to continue my quest for my birthday books.

I do have a few more to get graded by CGC, surprisingly they are all DC and it might be a few months before I get to turn them over, but at the very least I have one book that just switched over to "grading/quality control" and I hope that if I have it back in seventeen days I can show it off here.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

16097.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

I remember you asking me about this book while you were at the show and picking it up and going through the process of it. I too was amazed at the grade it got! I hope you can continue to find great copies of your birth month books like this.

This is an awesome book!

that is amazing that it turned into a 9.8 and but please delve into the: pressing/grading cost ratio vs potential higher grade scenario

please tell us all the thoughts and costs associated you had when determining to get this Avengers #98 pressed

in a future journal.

thanks for your nice journals which i enjoy daily !..