• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It is WAY too early to talk about Wizard Chicago 2005, but I'm doin' it anyway!

54 posts in this topic

Count me in for Dinner, this will be my big Con stop this year. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm in for the Chicago din din.

Now listen Jason, how many times do I need to tell you, you need to go to San Diego, hell, you can even drive there from SF. Make it TWO big con stops for the year. You'll be glad you did.

Just got all set up for the Chicago con. Pretty good price too. Two nights at the adjacent Hyatt Hotel and round trip airfare from Seattle was just $447. Thought it would be more with the higher cost of gas but it doesn't seem to have affected flights yet. I'll be taking the redeye late Thursday night but it'll put me at the open of the con Friday morning. Looking forwards to it. thumbsup2.gif

By the way, I experimented a little with this reservation. By putting the exact times of flights that I wanted the system gave me a higher price than if I requested different flight times, then requested the "cheaper" flights that the system thought I didn't want, but really DID want. The difference was about $75-$100.

Damn you! Damn you all to hell! You've given me the party planning bug again. My blood pressure can't take this! Quoth Tweak: "GAH! THE PRESSURE!"

laugh.gif Just kidding; I like complaining. laugh.gif

I popped over to Gibson's website and looked at some of the other private rooms they have. The one we were in last year (The Stephen's Fireplace Room) is only one half of a bigger space known simply as The Stephen's Room. We would need between 50 and 64 people to take that one. Frankly, I felt we were a bit crowded last year and would like to be able to branch out.

So let's shoot for 50+ guests this time, m'okay? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif We have a reputation to uphold here! grin.gif

I, of course, will be there. Steak it up.

I live about 30 minutes south of Chicago, but I host poker tournaments on Fridays and Saturdays frustrated.gif.....maybe I'll have to pass on poker to get in on the good eats 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

k

If you live near Chicago, you really have no excuse.

On the other hand, I guess I know who to talk to if I want to play poker in Chitown. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I definately plan on making it to WWChicago. Possibly with my significant other.

Damn you! Damn you all to hell! You've given me the party planning bug again. My blood pressure can't take this! Quoth Tweak: "GAH! THE PRESSURE!"

laugh.gif Just kidding; I like complaining. laugh.gif

I popped over to Gibson's website and looked at some of the other private rooms they have. The one we were in last year (The Stephen's Fireplace Room) is only one half of a bigger space known simply as The Stephen's Room. We would need between 50 and 64 people to take that one. Frankly, I felt we were a bit crowded last year and would like to be able to branch out.

So let's shoot for 50+ guests this time, m'okay? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif We have a reputation to uphold here! grin.gif

Count me in, I don't know about the missus though.

thumbsup2.gif

Weird. I just checked the Chicago Wizard World website and they have now added a "Premier Night Event" on THURSDAY from 5-8 p.m. But it is not completely clear as to if the exhibition floor will be open or if this is just some kind of other event and signing opportunity. It does mention something about being the first to get show exclusives.

I'll tell ya' one thing, I'll be pretty pi$$ed if this new event just announced really does include an open exhibition floor, similar to Preview Night in San Diego. Reason being that I booked my air and hotel a month ago and would flat out miss this event. If I knew about it earlier I would have booked another night and an earlier flight.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conventions/chicago/WW20050510-con.cfm

See what you guys think, it's not totally clear to me.

I hope the dealer tables will be open for it, as I am buying the 4 day ticket. Preview night in San Diego was killer and I got a bunch of stuff I didn't see again the rest of the show. I have a list of books I will be looking for on thursday, so if dealers aren't selling I will be PISSSED!