• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you buy from a dealer with dishonest business practices?

180 posts in this topic

I have all kinds of categories of people I won't buy from, or items I won't buy:

1) Price gougers

2) Dishonest people

3) Pushy people

4) People with a no return policy

5) People with less than a 99.9% approval rating on eBay

6) People who can't grade within .5 of a grade

7) Slabbed books

8) People who won't discount (except Payette)

9) eBay sellers who only show one pic that does not enlarge

10) eBay sellers who use "stock photos"

11) Dealer websites that use "stock photos" (Yes, that means "My Comic Shop and Mile High"

I guess I'm picky...

I have all kinds of categories of people I won't buy from, or items I won't buy:

1) Price gougers

2) Dishonest people

3) Pushy people

7) Slabbed books

11) Dealer websites that use "stock photos" (Yes, that means "My Comic Shop and Mile High"

I guess I'm picky...

..... not really. The only two on your list I make acceptances for are 1) Price gougers, and 7) Slabbed books. If a seller has an Atlas PCH on my short list, gouge away...... and slabs are easy to remove. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

#9 Immediately made me think of Shay Sheth (microbia on eBay)

Re. #11: I'm pretty sure My Comic Shop's higher-end books, which are almost always consignment items, always have real photos. For instance, the Fantastic #10 has a stock photo next to it because the site pulls images from a database as reference--even for books that aren't in stock--but you can get to the real photos of the book that's for sale by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.

1) Price gougers

2) Dishonest people

3) Pushy people

7) Slabbed books

I guess I'm picky...

#8 seems restrictive to me. If a book I want is priced at or below a price I deem reasonable , discount or no discount I'm buying it.

The more difficult ethical question is this...would you buy a slabbed book from a dealer with dishonest business practices? hm

I'm not sure it's that difficult. Why reward someone who's known to exhibit behaviour we'd be better off without?

1) Price gougers

2) Dishonest people

3) Pushy people

7) Slabbed books

I guess I'm picky...

#8 seems restrictive to me. If a book I want is priced at or below a price I deem reasonable , discount or no discount I'm buying it.

With Brian, first ask him for 25% more than FMV, then offer him a 20% discount. :gossip:

1) Price gougers

2) Dishonest people

3) Pushy people

7) Slabbed books

I guess I'm picky...

i won't buy from any dealer with a "q" in the name, but i make an exception for qualitycomix.

1) Price gougers

2) Dishonest people

3) Pushy people

7) Slabbed books

I guess I'm picky...

No...a true collector appreciates a discount, even if the book is free... :banana:

#9 Immediately made me think of Shay Sheth (microbia on eBay)

Re. #11: I'm pretty sure My Comic Shop's higher-end books, which are almost always consignment items, always have real photos. For instance, the Fantastic #10 has a stock photo next to it because the site pulls images from a database as reference--even for books that aren't in stock--but you can get to the real photos of the book that's for sale by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.

hm No, I wasn't referring to Shay. I buy from Shay, occasionally, when he discounts enough. :insane: Sure, if a book is fairly priced or even below guide and I want it I will buy it (sometimes I even pay over-guide), but most of the fun for me is trying to get a deal. It makes my wallet feel good.

And those stock photos just get annoying when you are looking for a book and see it on eBay. I don't mind the photos on the website (MCS). I use those for ref., but it bugs me when I get lured into a BIN offering and all they have is the stock photo.

I will not buy anything from Lee's Comics.

Why not? hm

Yeah, why not? Since the accusation question on Lee's thread seems to have gotten removed... hm

He took advantage of a mutual friend who had a stroke, and paid a fraction of the value for multiple pieces of art when the family came to him as a trusted source. He saw the situation and took full advantage of it.

If anyone has questions feel free to PM me.