• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you buy from a dealer with dishonest business practices?

180 posts in this topic

9) eBay sellers who only show one pic that does not enlarge

11) Dealer websites that use "stock photos" (Yes, that means "My Comic Shop and Mile High"

#9 Immediately made me think of Shay Sheth (microbia on eBay)

Re. #11: I'm pretty sure My Comic Shop's higher-end books, which are almost always consignment items, always have real photos. For instance, the Fantastic #10 has a stock photo next to it because the site pulls images from a database as reference--even for books that aren't in stock--but you can get to the real photos of the book that's for sale by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.

My biggest pet peeve as far as eBay(Dealers) is concerned is sellers who do not leave/return feedback. I will not e-mail or request it after a transaction, it's common practice on eBay to do say after i receive and am satisfied with a purchase from you. Many people have not had repeat business on eBay from me for this very reason, no matter how bad i want a book they may have. (i picked this post for a reason to post my peeve, read between the lines.) And no, i'm NOT referring to Jimbo 707

I'm confused...are you saying I bought a book from you and did not leave feedback? I am not aware of it, and I have never sold a book on eBay, so I know that isn't the problem...and I've left feedback (positive) for everyone I've bought from...so maybe you could be a little less cryptic and explain what you're referring to...oh, wait...maybe Shay or My Comic Shop? I'm a little slow today, just got off work...

Maybe he just doesn't like snakes. hm

Edited to add: The animal kind, not the human kind. :D

11) Dealer websites that use "stock photos" (Yes, that means "My Comic Shop and Mile High"

#9 Immediately made me think of Shay Sheth (microbia on eBay)

Re. #11: I'm pretty sure My Comic Shop's higher-end books, which are almost always consignment items, always have real photos. For instance, the Fantastic #10 has a stock photo next to it because the site pulls images from a database as reference--even for books that aren't in stock--but you can get to the real photos of the book that's for sale by clicking on the magnifying glass icon.

My biggest pet peeve as far as eBay(Dealers) is concerned is sellers who do not leave/return feedback. I will not e-mail or request it after a transaction, it's common practice on eBay to do say after i receive and am satisfied with a purchase from you. Many people have not had repeat business on eBay from me for this very reason, no matter how bad i want a book they may have. (i picked this post for a reason to post my peeve, read between the lines.) And no, i'm NOT referring to Jimbo 707

I'm confused...are you saying I bought a book from you and did not leave feedback? I am not aware of it, and I have never sold a book on eBay, so I know that isn't the problem...and I've left feedback (positive) for everyone I've bought from...so maybe you could be a little less cryptic and explain what you're referring to...oh, wait...maybe Shay or My Comic Shop? I'm a little slow today, just got off work...

Not My Comic Shop, (not you either lol)

So...uh...Characters...if you are Shay ( :hi:), you need to send me some positive feedback from my last buy from you... :o Oh, dang-it, Characters is gone...gee whiz... :sorry:

..... perhaps he masturbated himself into oblivion (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

So...uh...Characters...if you are Shay ( :hi:), you need to send me some positive feedback from my last buy from you... :o Oh, dang-it, Characters is gone...gee whiz... :sorry:

I can't believe that word was allowed, and I can't believe YOU said it... doh!

what's wrong with saying oblivion?

lol

lol

....I'm human..... sometimes my mouth gets ahead of me.... sorry if I offended anyone....GOD BLESS...

lol

....I'm human..... sometimes my mouth gets ahead of me.... sorry if I offended anyone....GOD BLESS...

Never admit this! It's a sign of weakness. :sumo:

I have all kinds of categories of people I won't buy from, or items I won't buy:

1) Price gougers

2) Dishonest people

3) Pushy people

4) People with a no return policy

5) People with less than a 99.9% approval rating on eBay

6) People who can't grade within .5 of a grade

7) Slabbed books

8) People who won't discount (except Payette)

10) eBay sellers who use "stock photos"

I guess I'm picky...

I can deal with all of the above if the book is highly sought after, and the price is right.

The key is knowing beforehand,that most people are out to make a buck, and have their best interest before our own.

See if you expect those 11 points it`s better then going in naively blind thinking everybody is an Honest Harry. :o Business is business. Everybody is different.

With that said I would make your 2) Dishonest people be at the top of the list, and then make notes of why and what their motive for being dishonest are.

An example is I know someone who sells pressed comics, but doesn`t disclose.I figure that into the equation before I buy. Another gouges me on prices, but I know he will get the comic books safe to me and at good grade.

So, look at each seller different, and weigh the pros and cons of them.

Oh yeah, cool books is a plus. lol

:eyeroll:

I have gotten so much flack for that late-night list that I think I'll just keep it the way it is... :sumo: well, maybe I'll modify it a little:

1) Dishonest people

2) Price gougers who don't have anything I really can't live without

3) Pushy and rude people

4) People with a no return policy

5) People with less than a 99.4% approval rating on eBay

6) People who can't grade within .5 of a grade unless their prices are really low

7) Slabbed books that I just don't really want

8) People who won't discount (except Payette)

10) eBay sellers who use "stock photos"

11) Dealer websites that use "stock photos" (Yes, that means "My Comic Shop and Mile High")

12) People who do not disclose pressing and restoration (see #1)

There, satisfied? doh!:roflmao:

From "centerfold missing" to "centerfold detached" in a mere seven days. lol

Is the buyer in the first auction SC's buying account, or did someone else buy and do a quick consignment with SC? Clearly not cricket, of course, to fail to divulge what is apparently a married cf.

The married CF isn't nearly as troubling as the unfortunately shaped stain. ;)

And giving that book a VG grade is exactly something a undisclosed restorer would do.

I just realized that I've been reading tricolorbrian as tricolorbrain all these months.

:o

Tricolor Brian as in Tricolor Books (my publishing company) One of many Tricolor Books companies, mine publishes books about Reptiles. See amazon.com, authors, Brian Hubbs

I'm smart, but not a Brain... (tsk)