• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What series to invest in now?!?!!?!?

32 posts in this topic

So, I want to focus on a series or team or character that peole on this board think gets overlooked or is undervalued. Obviously this is totally an opinion based question, but looking at my collection, I don't own any Captain America, I own one Thor, don't own any of those freakin Tales to/Tales of/Suspense Tales/Journey into Mystery type books, and I feel like dropping some coin on something good.

Any good runs or key appearances that won't break the bank (and I'm not talking about the first ever Iron Man or Dr. Strange!!)...

Any Thoughts?

Fokker?

Bueller?

Jamie Pressley?

Elmo?

dont laugh, but GI JOE and Transformers (1980s Marvels) are actually VERY sound investments. 1) They are bought raw for relatively cheap. 2) Its VERY difficult to find 9.8 quality books from either series in the low and high numbers. 3) THEY ALWAYS SELL.....theres a never ending supply of nostalgic collectors in their 20s and 30s looking for the same books. 4) same as #2....most of the early issues of these series were NOT hoarded and the copies were read and beat up by the kids that bought them. 5) I cant believe people havent caught on to this yet and Im not sure why Im telling everyone....Ive made a boatload of money on my extra Joes in top grades. D-

One Word - Hot Wheels. Okay, that's two words but the entire series is only 6 issues so the end game is achievable, they're TOUGH to find in nice (any?) shape so there's a thrill to the hunt beyond how much $$ you have to spend, you've got Adams and Toth artwork, the title has cross-collectible appeal, and...uh, never mind...Nova, that's it - NOVA!! Has anyone mentioned the rumor of a Nova movie?? wink.gif

Bronze Age Neal Adams covers (not necessarily with Neal Adams interiors). Some of us believe that CGC's influence will lead to an ever-increasing premium being paid for cover art. The Batman books with Adams interiors are a bit more expensive, but more importantly, have likely been hoarded in grade (Detective 400 may be an exception here). So if you can find nice copies of 15 cent, 25 cent or 100-page super spectaculars with classic Adams covers, you can probably pick them up relatively cheaply and with a reasonable expectation they will only increase in value.

Cheers,

Z.