• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What series to invest in now?!?!!?!?

32 posts in this topic

I think it really depends on your time-horizon...

The suggestions that are tied to upcoming movies are only sensible if you plan to flip sometime soon.

Ultimately you have two choices, buy what everyone else is buying and ride the same wave as everyone else, or buy what no one else is buying. Five years ago that would have been DC 100-Pagers, three years ago it would have been Charltons. I think non-hero Bronze Marvel and DC is all undervalued at this point (with the exception of 'key' issues). The horror stuff has been moving for a little while now, but the western, sci-fi and romance stuff is undervalued. 70's TV books are also a great choice. As cable networks dredge further and further into the archives to find material to show in re-runs, you'll see new interest in 'dead' material. I have had three requests for Emergency comics so far this year after some network started doing reruns...

But I think the best advice here is the same as always, buy what makes you happy to own.