• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check your grading ability XMen #1 -- answered CGC 5.5 & PGX 7.0 unrestored

10 posts in this topic

I sold a raw X-Men #1 earlier in the year. Pence copy. The person first had it graded by CGC, didn't like the grade, and then had it regraded by PGX (not something I would have done, but to each their own). Give me your opinion of how you think each of the 2 companies graded it (and whether you see any resto or not). I'll post the actual grades in 48 hours.

OK. I am jumping the gun because I want to share. CGC gave it a blue label 5.5. PGX gave it a 7 (no resto).

Sorry about my resto wording. I didn't mean to imply it had some.

XMen1Front.jpg

XMen1Back.jpg

XMen1FrontInside.jpg

XMen1BackInside.jpg

xmen1corner1.jpg

xmen1corner2.jpg

xmen1corner3.jpg

xmen1corner4.jpg

Sorry but it's really difficult to ascertain from your phone pics. The book looks like it's in a mid grade

area but without better lighting and clarity I can't give a grade.

+1

I will only venture to guess that if it's a mid-grade copy it got identical grades from CGC and PGX. Just a guess, as both companies show a broad range in the mid grades.

As others have mentioned it's tough based on the photos.

But I'm going to go with 6.0. (And yes on the resto. It looks like color touch on the bottom spine in the purple, and possibly? trimmed on top right corner?)

(I'm going to guess CGC gave it a 5.5 Purple and PGX gave it a 7.5 unrestored)