• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stat Maker in NYC

1 post in this topic

I recently posted the wonderful cover to Avengers 97 on my CAF

But rather than discuss the art, I'd like to talk about the stat work that went into it. It's just an incredible, congruent looking piece of work. A lot of effort was put in to make smooth, pixel free logos as well as recreate registration marks from the period. You can't tell from the pics, but the color matching is just perfect, too. All materials are archival quality and acid free. It's some of the best work I've seen in the hobby.

But I'm not surprised by the result. The guy who did it is a real artist. He used to do this kind of work many many years ago and his experience shows. He stopped doing stats about a decade ago, but recently came out of retirement. I don't know how long he plans to operate until he retires again, but if you're looking for a NYC based stat maker, he's a good contact to have. Unlike many guys at his level, he does quick work. But I anticipate the wait time will increase once he starts taking on more jobs. He doesn't clean stains or do paper restoration, but is the best when it comes to making stats. He is also a master framer.

Shoot me an email at anextdoorguy@yahoo.com for any inquiries or to get his contact info.