• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

From the stash....

5 posts in this topic

G. I. Joe #21 Foil Renegar Edition

This is actually one of my favorite books. I picked up 2 copies of this book back in 03 while I was on a temporary assignment to Biloxi, Mississippi. Shortly after I took a long break from collecting.

Around 2013 I got back into the hobby and decided to send one of my raws in to get slabbed. Now this was before I had heard of pressing so I was happy enough when it came back 9.6. After stumbling onto a couple threads about how much a press can do for a book I dug this back out and decided it was worth giving it a shot and sent it in to CCS all by its lonesome for a squish and slab. To my amazement the presswork got a grade bump to 9.8!!!

This is probably THE book that changed the way I look at raws when I pick them up. Before G.I. Joe #21 I looked at what condition a raw book was in before I bought it. Now I look at what a raw book CAN be.

16138.jpg

See more journals by amnesiac

I have always loved that cover, I love the original as well (Marvel silent issue). Great to hear your success story and to see that a book you really like got that bump amnesiac. I have been thinking of doing this (submitting books to CCS) with some of my copper age valiant stuff. Some of the stuff with some minor ticks and minor non-line breaking creases.

I like your "From the Stash" format. If you kept it all in the same Journal, it would be a comprehensive running compilation instead of a bunch of separate posts. Just a suggestion, but it is always cool to see your books!

Sean, yeah I was a bit confused on how entries got posted as I was doing everything over on the control panel side of the website. Youre right, best just to keep everything under the first post and thats what I'll do from now on. Thanks buddy :D