• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who ran over my package? Not My Comic Shop's fault.

38 posts in this topic

I received this package the other day and I was wondering if anyone has any pics of anything worse? Let's see them. (thumbs u Delivered from MCS via USPS. Every single package I've received from MCS has been amazing, so the post office really went the extra mile on this one. The package is already on it's way back to MCS and they are refunding my money. So everything is good, I just want to have a little fun and see other people's banged up books.

DSCN0678_zpsfee80fbf.jpg

DSCN0677_zps2e088bd8.jpg

DSCN0679_zpscf474f2f.jpg

DSCN0682_zps8b1cfc00.jpg

/DSCN0691_zpsa890caed.jpg.html'>DSCN0691_zpsa890caed.jpg

Holy Cr@p! I'm sorry, but as a business that specializes in package handling and delivery, there is just no excuse for this! No package should ever get that damaged. If any other business conducted their business like this, they would soon be and should be out of business. It just makes me sick to see this kind of shenanigans. Makes me seriously consider driving around the country to deliver my sales myself.

Holy Cr@p! I'm sorry, but as a business that specializes in package handling and delivery, there is just no excuse for this! No package should ever get that damaged. If any other business conducted their business like this, they would soon be and should be out of business. It just makes me sick to see this kind of shenanigans. Makes me seriously consider driving around the country to deliver my sales myself.

Even if it's one in a million? Or one in 100,000?

USPS is not a business. That fact yields costs and benefits.

Doesn't the PO have to bear responsibility for this????

I'll assume MCS insured it, so they refund the buyer and pursue the claim. If they self insure, they get nothing.

wouldn't they get the damaged package back? and it is possible the books are in decent enough shape to sell-- at a reduced price. Or even get them re-slabbed etc with a hit on the grade perhaps. So it isn't nothing

The whole notion of postal insurance is ridiculous to begin with.

The Post Office exists to deliver mail.

The idea that they take no responsibility for the condition of the items that they are entrusted to deliver without an additional charge to insure these items make no sense.

If the box is damaged or the contents broken THEY DID IT!

No one else had the access or opportunity to harm the item while it was going from point A to point B.

How can they not be held accountable?

The whole notion of postal insurance is ridiculous to begin with.

The Post Office exists to deliver mail.

The idea that they take no responsibility for the condition of the items that they are entrusted to deliver without an additional charge to insure these items make no sense.

If the box is damaged or the contents broken THEY DID IT!

No one else had the access or opportunity to harm the item while it was going from point A to point B.

How can they not be held accountable?

I agree, except they don't control the packaging process. My book pictured above had almost no chance, unless it was loaded by hand by itself and hand delivered to me. It could not survive in a truck with other boxes that were bigger and heavier. Now, I would agree completely with what you said IF you had to take your unwrapped package to the post office or UPS or FedEx and THEY got to package it for you, and charge what it actually costs to do so in materials and time. I doubt many of us would want to pay that.

True story, If you were the seller of this item on Amazon and the item was delivered in this condition the SELLER is 100% responsible for the damage and could be kicked off for life if the buyer complained, unless Amazon's policy has changed. Selling on Amazon is FUN...

:screwy:

I hope we are not implying that the buyer bears some responsibility?

Trolls should go back under the bridge...

:troll:

True story, If you were the seller of this item on Amazon and the item was delivered in this condition the SELLER is 100% responsible for the damage and could be kicked off for life if the buyer complained, unless Amazon's policy has changed. Selling on Amazon is FUN...

:screwy:

I hope we are not implying that the buyer bears some responsibility?

Trolls should go back under the bridge...

:troll:

Your barking up the wrong tree, as I have only had good things to say about your business, when I have had customers ask.

You might note, I was replying to Diggler, Regardless. Maybe a little less ambiguity in your statement and Diggler's :screwy: would have not raised the question. And clearly, I won't have been the only one thinking it.