• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you like Golden Age comics?

130 posts in this topic

If you're like me and you love Golden Age comics but can't afford to buy many, there's a great book out there from the maesters at Taschen called 'The Golden Age of DC Comics'. This was published in 2013 and I finally picked it up last month.

It's a super high quality book which features a visual history of National/Detective Comics Inc. It features high-res scans of actual copies of all of the most important and most valuable comics ever published. It's a giant tome with 400 pages at 13x10, with the majority of it scans of old comics. Take a look:

2cpuz2g.jpg

Looks like an awesome book. (thumbs u

A lot of those exact same cover scans can also be found in "The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1937-1945" by Richard O'Brien, 1977.

Cheap large format too, on Amazon and eBay ($5 used/$12 new).

51zbrQ1G5ZL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Who in their right mind could dismiss the golden age ? war comics or any genre for that matter? that would be akin to a coin collector dismissing a classical seated liberty coin in favor of a modern issue,

Evidently a shill/noob has just joined the boards and his first posts are merely to amuse himself

If you're like me and you love Golden Age comics but can't afford to buy many, there's a great book out there from the maesters at Taschen called 'The Golden Age of DC Comics'. This was published in 2013 and I finally picked it up last month.

It's a super high quality book which features a visual history of National/Detective Comics Inc. It features high-res scans of actual copies of all of the most important and most valuable comics ever published. It's a giant tome with 400 pages at 13x10, with the majority of it scans of old comics. Take a look:

2cpuz2g.jpg

A lot of those exact same cover scans can also be found in "The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1937-1945" by Richard O'Brien, 1977.

Hey cool, I'll check that out. Just FYI, it's not just the covers in the book from Taschen, it's actual copies that have been scanned in all their glory. It's like having a high grade copy of Tec 27 in your lap :grin:

2cpuz2g.jpg

Hey cool, I'll check that out. Just FYI, it's not just the covers in the book from Taschen, it's actual copies that have been scanned in all their glory. It's like having a high grade copy of Tec 27 in your lap :grin:

Maybe slip fake cover into slab?

hm

I know what you mean. Fun stuff, like flipping through a million dollar book! :grin: I scanned the 'Tec 31 from the O'Brien book and made into a large wall poster. That's why I noticed they're the exact same scans. In book-form they're 'actual size', I believe, or close to it. It has 40 scans w/ blank backs on really nice paper stock. :cloud9:

DET31poster.jpg

2lsuqhh.jpg

2cpuz2g.jpg

I know what you mean. Fun stuff, like flipping through a million dollar book! :grin: I scanned the 'Tec 31 from the O'Brien book and made into a large wall poster. That's why I noticed they're the exact same scans. In book-form they're 'actual size', I believe, or close to it. It has 40 scans w/ blank backs. :cloud9:

DET31poster.jpg

2lsuqhh.jpg

VERY COOL :applause: