• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever Resub a book for Sig series and it goes up a grade?

11 posts in this topic

I submitted a Green Lantern 89 to get a Neal Adams and Denny ONeil sigs.

Originally it was a 9.6 and playing around with the Certification Lookup I was able to find out the book went up to a 9.8.

Maybe they grade to harshly last time. Either way :banana:

Has this happened to anyone before ?

I submitted a Green Lantern 89 to get a Neal Adams and Denny ONeil sigs.

Originally it was a 9.6 and playing around with the Certification Lookup I was able to find out the book went up to a 9.8.

Maybe they grade to harshly last time. Either way :banana:

Has this happened to anyone before ?

yes

I had an originally blue label 7.0 Bone 1 cracked and signed in Boston and it's coming back an 8.0. I'm actually not that surprised, as when I gave the book a thorough inspection I thought there was no way it was a 7.0. Not sure what happened with that original grading but it was a clear miss.

Personally I chalk it up as human error. If it were machine checked maybe I would be more surprised but with so little difference between things like 9.6 and 9.8 and graders not knowing the original grade it's bound to happen and often.

Personally I chalk it up as human error. If it were machine checked maybe I would be more surprised but with so little difference between things like 9.6 and 9.8 and graders not knowing the original grade it's bound to happen and often.

^^

There are a lot of 9.6s in 9.8 slabs and vice versa. At that level it is sometimes luck of the draw, or whether or not the grader had a nice breakfast that morning.