• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars VII Teaster Trailer on Black Friday

608 posts in this topic

Screenshots were taken from my iPhone - hopefully this turned out well.

I am guessing that a new force sensitive 'awakens" and the remnants of the Imperial Army starts to track him down. You hear the probe droid searching in the background.

593A28A2-09F0-4FF8-A284-6512B69BB3E1.png

To paraphrase 'Training Day', "R2-D2 ain't got mess on me!!!!"

9D7D3411-DD41-483F-BB34-76E75FA54703.png

Is this Han and Leia's daughter? Is she also looking for someone on her swoop bike

A8A0D1E6-F212-44F8-885E-26DF93CA88C7.png

Again, the remnants of the Empire seem bent on searching for something.

A3125007-6240-421F-96E0-B6BEF851AEC3.png

So are the 'good guys'

E8032ADD-6E29-44EE-8B9A-A17DC14328EE.png

Nice shot of the X-Wings

8342198E-FCBB-4A36-99E7-0DA5AE6CDF9D.png

New villain obviously.

4830E715-EFC2-4472-AB71-9DCF92544DB8.png

The Falcon is not engaging on Tattooine... The Falcon is escaping. Perhaps they found what they are looking for and the heroes are now making a run for it.

FAB1DCAE-3F26-4AC9-AF05-F330D88B360A.png

A042AC9A-790A-4C09-9B02-DEB2FAF80CB5.png

Keep in mind that most people who were aware of the creation process are dead, so i can see them having to reverse engineer them based on old examples and tomes.

Also makes sense why the need for they guards; All the original people who fought in the 'flow' style fighting of the prequels are dead, so it would not be used and thus the handles not a hinderance; becoming more of a medieval art (and to be fair, at this point the #1 concern for any Sith is getting their hands cut off)

New bad guy lightsaber looks silly.

Thought it was a nice nod to Excalibur

It looks...unstable, too. The blade looks more static-y than a normal lightsaber blade. Maybe it's a crude attempt at making one by the big bad of this flick?

The thought it my head was it looked more "primitive". Which I liked.

How could you not hurt yourself wielding and using that style lightsaber?? Maybe Darth Skinny has a unique fighting style but looks like something they added just to look "cool".

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. It's possible that feature of the lightsaber is a specific function for a specific situation, but it was added into the trailer to get people commenting on it.

I would have preferred the fan made trailers. That black dude popping up seemed comical, the lightsaber design looks like a 5 year old drew it, everything else was just filler shots. I get that it is a teaser but I've seen stronger teasers than that before. And for a movie this big, that was kind of a let down.

I'm still psyched for the movie though...and for a regular full trailer!

New bad guy lightsaber looks silly.

Thought it was a nice nod to Excalibur

It looks...unstable, too. The blade looks more static-y than a normal lightsaber blade. Maybe it's a crude attempt at making one by the big bad of this flick?

Or an artistic choice so that everything looks more realistic---also I'm sure there is still not a Jedi/Sith army across the universe so things may be a bit crude.

I really dig the retro tone they've achieved. This feels a lot more like Star Wars to me.

However...

Hoping that Abrahams can do for Star Wars what he has done for Star Trek.

I'm really hoping Abrams does better on Star Wars then he did on Star Trek. I'm a huge Classic Trek fan and while I enjoyed the new movies, they really are just a regurgitation of Trek's greatest hits. It brought in new fans I guess, but in terms of story really didn't move into new ground IMHO.

Hopefully, this will be taken care of by Kasdan.

I would have preferred the fan made trailers. That black dude popping up seemed comical, the lightsaber design looks like a 5 year old drew it, everything else was just filler shots. I get that it is a teaser but I've seen stronger teasers than that before. And for a movie this big, that was kind of a let down.

I'm still psyched for the movie though...and for a regular full trailer!

Dude popping up at the start was so on tone. It's light, it's fun, it has tension and it makes you immediately think about what's going on. Those few seconds are what has me excited about this movie. That's what Star Wars was; fun adventure.

Lucas forgot that in the prequels when he included Jar Jar and thought humour meant falling over repeatedly.

Was a big yawn for me. That lightsaber is just lame.

I'm sure the creators have a reason for that particular one. The hilt is extended to allow both hands to hold it, which is necessary due to the extended length of the blade (if you look closely it is clearly much longer than a typical lightsaber). Combine that with the crossguard (the two mini lightsabers sticking out horizontally), and its clear the blade is emulating a german/italian longsword, or something similar, from the medieval era. The crossguard being a lightsaber on its own might look lame at first, but it would need to be a lightsaber if it was actually going to protect the hands. I'm not that familiar with Star Wars to know if there is a material that can deflect a lightsaber outside of another lightsaber. Also the crossguard on a longsword was traditionally used to also attack the opponent's head after an initial strike with the blade itself was blocked.