• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars VII Teaster Trailer on Black Friday

608 posts in this topic

I bet if it was a talking Raccoon everyone would be gushing

Even I have to admit, if Rocket Raccoon pulled a lightsaber out of a box, ignited it, shrugged and tossed it aside when he was looking for parts, that would have been an amazing Easter Egg in Guardians.

There are rumors of a standalone Obi Wan movie. I have never heard of anyone speaking poorly of Ewan McGregor's performance as Obi Wan. I would hope that they would hand a film to him as a movie set between Episodes III and IV.

i guess this is how the character looks like

sithinquisitor.jpg

Darth Revan?

Why do I retain such useless knowledge?

was he one of the characters in knights of the old republic game.

Yes, and keep in mind that taking something from the expanded universe already has precedence. Quinlon Vos was a comic character that was put into the prequels. Originally he was modeled from a background character in Episode I, but was mentioned in Episode III by name.

Also, Thrawn wrote the Heir to the Empire novels and came up with the name Coroscant (Earth name: Dubai) and that was also featured prominently in the films.

Still doesn't look useful or cool.

Yea you are right. IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

You whiners are what give comic book fans a bad name. Stop pushing up your glasses and telling us how illogical a god darn lightsaber is. For god sake it is a movie about a different galaxy where a large dog flies a spaceship and barks at someone.

I can't wait to see this film and the trailer looked awesome. Even my son got excited when he saw the Falcon (as I mentioned in the WC). It is interesting they didn't show much of the original cast. It makes you think they aren't the focus, which I don't mind.

There are rumors of a standalone Obi Wan movie. I have never heard of anyone speaking poorly of Ewan McGregor's performance as Obi Wan. I would hope that they would hand a film to him as a movie set between Episodes III and IV.

It could also be set between I and II. I'd happily watch either one!

I am not whining. I am also waiting for this movie. I am just providing my thoughts on the trailer. It was just not all that to me. Doesn't mean I won't like the movies.

My post wasn't totally directed at you. I'm looking at you more Kav.

And it was a teaser. Wait for the full trailer. Teasers always feel like a let down.

I feel I would be a lot more excited if I was never subjected to the Prequels. Even my 6 year old nephew has some of the same complaints about those films. General Grevious sucked. His voice was stupid. I couldn't agree with him more. His other complaint why did they kill off Darth Maul in the first one and waste perhaps the only thing I found to be of any value in the prequels.

I hope since the expanded universe has been squashed that this films will make it clear the dark side is not stronger...because everything else previously has proven it is.

I agree the cross guard of this light saber serves no grand use.

Besides the weilder cutting their own hand or finger off when using it in the heat of battle.

Just wait till the movie, maybe it has a purpose.

He kills three Jedi, and then uses to the side saber to open a can of beer, and relax afterwards.

I really dig the retro tone they've achieved. This feels a lot more like Star Wars to me.

However...

Hoping that Abrahams can do for Star Wars what he has done for Star Trek.

I'm really hoping Abrams does better on Star Wars then he did on Star Trek. I'm a huge Classic Trek fan and while I enjoyed the new movies, they really are just a regurgitation of Trek's greatest hits. It brought in new fans I guess, but in terms of story really didn't move into new ground IMHO.

Hopefully, this will be taken care of by Kasdan.

No kidding, I hope Abrams DOESN'T do with Star Wars what he did with Star Trek lol