• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars VII Teaster Trailer on Black Friday

608 posts in this topic

I finally got home to watch it. I refused to watch it on my phones small screen so I waited it out.

I thought it was really cool! Love the broad sword and the X-Wings over the water. Seeing the Millennium Falcon was awesome as well.

On a tangent, it's amazing how common place special effects are now. I always loved that scene of the Falcon going up and over a cloud and doing a 180 at the same time when they went to pick up Luke under Cloud City, (ESB of course) it was such a simple yet graceful maneuver and beautiful to see on the big screen. Sometimes I think that simplicity gets lost these days. I don't mean that as a criticism of the trailer - if anything, I thought the effects looked restrained - in a good way of course.

(worship) I thought I was the only one.

I finally got home to watch it. I refused to watch it on my phones small screen so I waited it out.

I thought it was really cool! Love the broad sword and the X-Wings over the water. Seeing the Millennium Falcon was awesome as well.

On a tangent, it's amazing how common place special effects are now. I always loved that scene of the Falcon going up and over a cloud and doing a 180 at the same time when they went to pick up Luke under Cloud City, (ESB of course) it was such a simple yet graceful maneuver and beautiful to see on the big screen. Sometimes I think that simplicity gets lost these days. I don't mean that as a criticism of the trailer - if anything, I thought the effects looked restrained - in a good way of course.

(worship) I thought I was the only one.

Ah, there is another. (thumbs u

Star Wars anecdote: I was 5 when Star Wars came out, and for the next 6 years, it was my number one interest in life. I was into the action figures and the storybooks, but I never actually saw the movie until much later. I was from a very small town, my parents were clueless about pop culture, and this was before cable or VCRs of course. I'm not actually sure when I did see it for the first time; perhaps around 1985.

In 1980, a friend called me up and told me that the sequel to Star Wars was playing at the local cinema, which was the only one for miles around and only played one film at a time. My father took me down that very evening. As the film progressed I gradually realized something was wrong. It was "Battle Beyond the Stars," starring George Peppard and Richard Thomas.

Battle Beyond the Stars is a fantastic movie. Great story. Good acting. Decent special effects. Highly underrated.

Star Wars anecdote: I was 5 when Star Wars came out, and for the next 6 years, it was my number one interest in life. I was into the action figures and the storybooks, but I never actually saw the movie until much later. I was from a very small town, my parents were clueless about pop culture, and this was before cable or VCRs of course. I'm not actually sure when I did see it for the first time; perhaps around 1985.

In 1980, a friend called me up and told me that the sequel to Star Wars was playing at the local cinema, which was the only one for miles around and only played one film at a time. My father took me down that very evening. As the film progressed I gradually realized something was wrong. It was "Battle Beyond the Stars," starring George Peppard and Richard Thomas.

Battle Beyond the Stars is a fantastic movie. Great story. Good acting. Decent special effects. Highly underrated.

I have the Bluray about 4 feet to my right at this very moment. :)

Peace,

Chip

The argument is that of the saber being used by an amateur Sith.

If this so called force wielder is determined to resurrect the Sith, he has been for a long time and most likely has been collecting Sith Holocrons in order to do so.

It takes a lot to make a saber and his training probably has come from all the Holocrons he has collected. There are millions of Sith data. So his using and building of the saber is not of an amateur, but that of a self taught beginner Sith.

Of course this is all speculation, as there is no KNOWN plot yet.

Again it takes a lot to build a saber.

Just to add something relevant:

"So I have seen a lot of pictures making fun of this lightsaber design. While yes the emitters are not flush with the saber as long as they are made out of cortosis (one of a few rare substances (spelling error corrected - slym) that are lightsaber proof ) then it would work extremely well as a guard. With a little skill and a lot of practice this lightsaber design could be extremely effective at disarming an opponent that isn't accustomed to fighting against such a design with just a twist of the wrist. Overall this is a very practical and versatile variant that while seldomly used can be a huge advantage to the weilder."

-slym

I have not watched this trailer/teaser/whathaveyou, and I won't. I am "one of those" that likes to be surprised by the movie in whatever way, I don't like to know anything about it before I watch it.

At this point, I feel like I am getting my money's worth (better, anyway) by being this way.

I really don't even like the previews at the theater.

*unpopularopinionpuffin.jpeg*

-slym

Remember when The Force was a mysterious energy and not a bacterial infection?

That's what I'm hopin for

I already lost out in my wish for no cute characters though-we got the ball-riding droid.

I have not watched this trailer/teaser/whathaveyou, and I won't. I am "one of those" that likes to be surprised by the movie in whatever way, I don't like to know anything about it before I watch it.

At this point, I feel like I am getting my money's worth (better, anyway) by being this way.

I really don't even like the previews at the theater.

*unpopularopinionpuffin.jpeg*

-slym

I did this for a year, didn't make much of a difference in enjoyment

That droid ball is just silly though. What would be the practical reason for building a droid like that?

Sure, like destroyer droids - but destroyer droids don't have that silly disembodied head that floats on top. That just looks physically silly.

It looks silly because the two parts of the droid aren't physically connected? You know magnetic levitation technology already exists in our actual world, right? And this being Star Wars with lightsabers and hyperdrives and blue milk you have an issue with actual real technology being incorporated into this science fiction universe?

Internet commenters really will find anything to complain about.