• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars VII Teaster Trailer on Black Friday

608 posts in this topic

No ewoks or Jar Jar. Just a soccer ball droid....

It's Disney. Going to be worse than Lucas...

Uhm, Disney does the Marvel movies and they are awesome so I'm not discounting Disney and thinking they will pull a Lucas with ridiculous characters.

Based on the teaser, I'm intrigued. It didn't blow me away but when they show Han and Luke, I'm going to lose my stuff...it's going to be awesome

Awesome is kinda....much. Entertaining for sure, awesome....I wouldn't say they're awesome films. Good yes, but awesome? No. JMO

Quick, name some films you think are awesome. :baiting:

Apocalypse now, Godfather pt 1 and 2, 2001, Alien, The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, Platoon

Those are all awesome movies. Yes. I also think iron Man 1, Avengers, Cap 1 and 2 are awesome movies. I can watch them over and over and I enjoy the hell out of them.

You might disagree and that's cool.

No ewoks or Jar Jar. Just a soccer ball droid....

It's Disney. Going to be worse than Lucas...

Uhm, Disney does the Marvel movies and they are awesome so I'm not discounting Disney and thinking they will pull a Lucas with ridiculous characters.

Based on the teaser, I'm intrigued. It didn't blow me away but when they show Han and Luke, I'm going to lose my stuff...it's going to be awesome

Awesome is kinda....much. Entertaining for sure, awesome....I wouldn't say they're awesome films. Good yes, but awesome? No. JMO

Quick, name some films you think are awesome. :baiting:

Apocalypse now, Godfather pt 1 and 2, 2001, Alien, The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, Platoon

Those are all awesome movies. Yes. I also think iron Man 1, Avengers, Cap 1 and 2 are awesome movies. I can watch them over and over and I enjoy the hell out of them.

You might disagree and that's cool.

I do and it is ;)

Not that my opinion counts, but after watching the preview trailer; I will gladly wait until SWVII comes out on video or streaming.

I was NOT enthralled with JJ's vision of Star Trek.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...yadda yadda.

-T

Not that my opinion counts, but after watching the preview trailer; I will gladly wait until SWVII comes out on video or streaming.

-T

Thought of something interesting...

Watch the price of movie tickets subtly increase sometime in 2015. 2015 has a lot of box office draw with the following being released:

Star Wars: Force Awakens

Avengers 2

Ant Man

Jurassic World

Tomorrowland

Mad Max (I want this to happen but people are already labeling a bomb)

Bond 24

Terminator

-T

^ Don't forget the Peanuts movie!! :)

It could be worse. It could be a movie about nothing. That cute beach ball had to crawl out of the mind of Lucas. It's got Hasbro written all over it. Maybe the conversation went like this.

Watched GMA this morning

confirmed that the voice over is Andy Serkis :sorry: if this has been discussed already

the lightsaber at the end of the trailer - Luke's from a New Hope

some of the people were speculating that the guy in black is Luke. They believe the right hand looks different from the left (since Luke has one mechanical hand)

I still think it's Adam Driver

Haven't gotten a chance to read all the previous posts so maybe I'm not the only one who feels this way...

But 90% of the teaser/trailer didn't get me excited at all. HOWEVER, when they showed the guy in black whipping out that claymore lightsaber it made my jaw drop. If that was the only clip they showed I would have been satisfied.

Can't wait for this movie!

The more I think about that rolling droid, the angrier I get.

Yup

Thanks, 'Jar Jar' Abrams

According to this article, the Droid may steal the show. Sounds like it splits into "slices" and contains lasers, lightsabers, tools, offensive/defensive capabilities, just about everything but the kitchen sink.

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/10/concepts-star-wars-episode-viis-new-droid-sidekick/

Cheers!