• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars VII Teaster Trailer on Black Friday

608 posts in this topic

I'm not hating on the droid...a little comic relief, when handled well, can go a long way. And I loved R2 and C3PO's Abbott and Costello routine when I was 10...kids need to be part of the new audience, so I don't fret too much about attempts to add levity to the proceedings.

And now that racial profiling seems to be a thing of the past, I am hopeful for some honest humor!

Dan

The narrative is supposed to be through the perspective of C-3PO and primarily R2-D2. I cannot remember where I read this but they were Lucas' version of the bumbling peasants in Kurosawa's 'Hidden Fortress' and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern from Hamlet.

However, I remember reading that Abrams wanted to revisit the original concept art from Star Wars (as was stated earlier) as today's special effects would allow for the realization of McQuarrie's vision for the Star Wars universe. For further evidence of this compare the new X-Wing's to the 1977 concept art.

The rolling droid could be a bit comical, a bit badass and a means to drive the plot or act as a catalyst to move from one dilemma to another. Oh... like R2-D2.

For lovers of the original droids, I would say one thing. The only two characters that I would expect to see in the next three movies are R2-D2 and C-3PO. They are the link of the whole series.

For lovers of the original droids, I would say one thing. The only two characters that I would expect to see in the next three movies are R2-D2 and C-3PO. They are the link of the whole series.

Yep.

George Lucas had said many times that the only characters always intended to be in all 9 movies was the two droids.

And, yes, he made it clear it was to be 3 trilogies as early as 1977, despite more recent claims to the contrary.

Yep.

George Lucas had said many times that the only characters always intended to be in all 9 movies was the two droids.

And, yes, he made it clear it was to be 3 trilogies as early as 1977, despite more recent claims to the contrary.

I was asked why would he go back and do the prequels before sequels... If anything I think that it must have been tougher to do a prequel before a sequel since you already locked yourself into a situation where you know where you end up... you have to tell a story about how it ends. Sequels allow for a bit more room to explore since you can play with how that story ends every time.

I never understood Artoo's job-apparently he fixes things in a 10 inch radius from where he sits on the X Wing. Luckily the damage always occurs in that area.

Got a question for you guys.

I know Disney has picked Rian Johnson as director for the next two films... http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/06/21/star-wars-rian-johnson/11208829/ ...But, If you could have your say on who directed the next 2 episodes, who would you want? Who do you think would be a good fit for Star Wars?

I know Disney has picked Rian Johnson as director for the next two films... http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/06/21/star-wars-rian-johnson/11208829/ ...But, If you could have your say on who directed the next 2 episodes, who would you want? Who do you think would be a good fit for Star Wars?

Wes Anderson... lol

Seriously... what would Nolan do?

In all seriousness...

I would love to see what Spielberg would do if given free reign.

David lynch or PTA

Yep.

I was asked why would he go back and do the prequels before sequels... If anything I think that it must have been tougher to do a prequel before a sequel since you already locked yourself into a situation where you know where you end up... you have to tell a story about how it ends. Sequels allow for a bit more room to explore since you can play with how that story ends every time.

I agree with this and why he focused on explaining the force etc

It was a tall task and he would fall short of everyone's expectation

Wes Anderson... lol

In all seriousness...

For me I'd want to see Paul Verhoven direct an episode. He was already lined up for the directors chair for 'Jedi' but the directing duties went to someone else. :screwy:

Wes Anderson... lol

In all seriousness...

For me I'd want to see Paul Verhoven direct an episode. He was already lined up for the directors chair for 'Jedi' but the directing duties went to someone else. :screwy:

I thought Spielberg was lined up but could not due to the conflict with the Director's Guild and Lucas...