• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sharon Sakai, Wife of Stan Sakai, Passes away

5 posts in this topic

Very sad news, I knew she has been sick for sometime and CAPS had been raising money to help with her care. I never met her but have heard some great stories about her and the love her and Stan had.

After most had left OA get together saturday night a few of us were still with Jon and the topic of Stan and Sharon came up. I can't image what Stan has been going thru but he had alot of people around him for support and assistance.

I've been in the dumps since yesterday after hearing this. I only met Sharon once, and talked to Stan several times over the years. I'm sure he'd not remember me, as it was only ever at comic shows with me buying art. I was so proud and unsurprised to see how much of the art community came out to try and help Stan and Sharon by way of the CAPS auctions.

But I've been a fan of Stan's since I was 13 years old and got ahold of an issue of Critters. Usagi has been with me ever since, and after talking to them both, it was clear how deep of a relationship they have had. In many ways it reminds me of my wife and I, and I can imagine the loss tremendously well. Hopefully he is able to find his way forward and some peace of his own.

My heart goes out to him and his family. So tragic.