• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 3 and Avengers 1-Proof I can Scan

4 posts in this topic

On Avengers 1, the obvious defect I'm not sure about is the lower right corner of the front cover. That seems to be the major defect on this book. Just not sure where it lands this book on the grading scale.

ASM 3-It appears as though at one point in time there was tape on the spine. There's no sticky residue or anything so whoever removed it did a very good job, and I'm not 100% sure that's what caused the discoloration along the spine but that's my guess...so since both of these are unusual to me I thought I'd ask for some input. Thanks!

av1front_zps4d8ae063.jpg

av1back_zps8cbe5105.jpg

asm3front_zpsc2234d81.jpg

asm3back_zpsd0c284e8.jpg

God I hear ya on being difficult!!! I'm going to say Avengers #1 2.5 and the ASM #3 3.0

On Avengers 1, I was looking at Overstreet for some answers and under 3.0 it says "A triangle from 1/4" to 1/2" can be missing out of the corner or edge", I haven't broke out the ruler yet, but this seems in line with 3.0ish but at the same time....

On the ASM 3, it talks about under 4.0 that "Some discoloration, fading, foxing, and even minor soiling is allowed." but would this type of stain be more than "minor soiling" ?

Just to kind of give you a reference of where I'm at.