• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee retiring from signings next year..what are the odds?

67 posts in this topic

I want to know more about this 'moose infrastructure and how it relates to China' that the article details.

A Moose once bit my sister... No really! She was carving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink".......

Bullying is alive and well on this forum.

Cheers, Howard

PS the owners of this forum need to clean things up. Get rid of the folks that seems empowered to be blowhards and trash talkers.

I want to know more about this 'moose infrastructure and how it relates to China' that the article details.

A Moose once bit my sister... No really! She was carving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink".......

The moose is actually an incredibly aggressive animal. They are territorial and feel threatened the minute you step in to their territory. We used to always have problems with a trailhead when I lived in Wyoming because a female moose would always be standing on the opposite side of the river. We used to have to go down to the next crossing which was a few miles down. It was a pain.

The moose also was not indegenous to Wyoming. They came down from Canada in the early 1900 after the wolf had originally been killed off. The moose population has been declining ever since they reintroduced the wolf into Yellowstone. The moose apparently push the snow out and make a sort of den in the snow. It is easy for the wolf to get down in their area and moose often can not. In the ten years I lived in Wyoming, you could see a steady decline in moose sightings.

As far as the title I agree with whomever complained. I read it as you had read that Stan Lee was giving up signing next year and were asking what the odds were that he actually would. Not as simple speculation. Add the number of threads started here that seem to contain speculation in the hopes of driving up the costs of comics that certain people are holding and I can see why there was a backlash. That and it is comics general.

The term "bullying" has been used a lot in these forums lately. I'm not for sure if it is just the current popular buzz word or a way for people to semi-warn others that they better leave them alone or get in trouble.

The term "bullying" has been used a lot in these forums lately. I'm not for sure if it is just the current popular buzz word or a way for people to semi-warn others that they better leave them alone or get in trouble.

Leave me out of this. It is not my word.

In all reality we are lucky to have had him attend the con circuit for as long as he has. At 92 a person's health can go at any moment. I'm happy he's still healthy and hope he can do this for as long as possible. However, we all have finite time on this planet so I, for one, appreciate the time he has given to sign the comics that he has for the industry.

Off-topic note: I loved the after-credits scene in Big Hero 6. Made me teary-eyed, even.