• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee retiring from signings next year..what are the odds?

67 posts in this topic

Just thought I would throw this one out there. I think there is a strong chance 2015 will be his last year of signings. What do you folks think?

Cheers, Howard

Why do you care to make this dumb thread?

Cheers a condensing boardie

Absolutely beautiful.

First off,

"Why do you care to make this dumb thread?"

Answer: Its no dumber that the following threads:

a) What are you listening to as you read the forums tonight?....As if I care and at least my thread is comic relevant.

b) Anyone seen a creator be a jerk?...can be seen as an obnoxious and libelous question. However I enjoyed reading it in the spirit it was intended.

c)Do CGC slabs need to "breathe"?...since comics are "dead" I would think the answer obvious but the poster of this question was answered respectfully as he or she should be

"Based on your well laid out arguement, I have to agree!"

"Was the argument removed, or was this well deserved sarcasm?"

This was purely a supposition by myself put out there for fun. This blog is full of questions that have no real relevance but are fun to ask anyway and I respect and accept that completely. What should concern you more are the asinine and disrespectful comments like:

"His signing hand will probably still be twitching hours after he's brain-dead"

"He won't stop till he has defaced every comic book on Earth"

finally,

"So, you're speculating on a hypothesis.

Maybe you should change the title of the thread because it gives the impression of being an announced fact."

Here is the title again to my post...Stan Lee retiring from signings next year..what are the odds?

Again an innocent question to ask that can be fun to try and speculate about. Many folks are wondering that out there. There is nothing in the title thread to indicate that his retirement is imminent. I thought saying "What are the Odds? would explain that.

I hate having to make an issue out of all this but some folks are seemingly brought up in a barn and this in a forum that states the following:

"The bottom line is this: what we're trying to create is an open and friendly atmosphere that allows everyone to speak their mind, but keeps things on a level where as many people as possible are having a good time."

Amen

Cheers, Howard

PS If you cant participate in my threads with meaningful suggestive polite comments don't post at all. To those who have and there are some. Thanks so much.

First off,

"Why do you care to make this dumb thread?"

Answer: Its no dumber that the following threads:

a) What are you listening to as you read the forums tonight?....As if I care and at least my thread is comic relevant.

b) Anyone seen a creator be a jerk?...can be seen as an obnoxious and libelous question. However I enjoyed reading it in the spirit it was intended.

c)Do CGC slabs need to "breathe"?...since comics are "dead" I would think the answer obvious but the poster of this question was answered respectfully as he or she should be

"Based on your well laid out arguement, I have to agree!"

"Was the argument removed, or was this well deserved sarcasm?"

This was purely a supposition by myself put out there for fun. This blog is full of questions that have no real relevance but are fun to ask anyway and I respect and accept that completely. What should concern you more are the asinine and disrespectful comments like:

"His signing hand will probably still be twitching hours after he's brain-dead"

"He won't stop till he has defaced every comic book on Earth"

finally,

"So, you're speculating on a hypothesis.

Maybe you should change the title of the thread because it gives the impression of being an announced fact."

Here is the title again to my post...Stan Lee retiring from signings next year..what are the odds?

Again an innocent question to ask that can be fun to try and speculate about. Many folks are wondering that out there. There is nothing in the title thread to indicate that his retirement is imminent. I thought saying "What are the Odds? would explain that.

I hate having to make an issue out of all this but some folks are seemingly brought up in a barn and this in a forum that states the following:

"The bottom line is this: what we're trying to create is an open and friendly atmosphere that allows everyone to speak their mind, but keeps things on a level where as many people as possible are having a good time."

Amen

Cheers, Howard

PS If you cant participate in my threads with meaningful suggestive polite comments don't post at all. To those who have and there are some. Thanks so much.

I think you need some help from a condensing boardie