• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Scammer!

17 posts in this topic

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on eBayer named Comician.

I listed an issue of Batman 25, cgc 5.0, for auction from 1-2-05 through

1-9-05. High bidder was a snipe by Comician(had a name change in the last 30 days).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35751&item=6502891747&rd=1

He emails me this morning to say he's been hospitalized, can't pay for the issue, please don't leave him negative feedback.

A quick search shows this guy listed MY issue for sale on eBay, the day BEFORE he bid on it, the day BEFORE my auction ended.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33816&item=6504424763&rd=1

After he won the issue, he relisted it again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35751&item=6504848740&rd=1

Apparently he didn't make enough on the flip to justify payment. If I relist, this issue, its been up for auction 4 times in the last 2 weeks. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I've gotta' go offline for a few hours, won't be able to respond to anyone, just wanted to get the word out as quickly as possible.

Bluecollarjoe

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on eBayer named Comician.

I listed an issue of Batman 25, cgc 5.0, for auction from 1-2-05 through

1-9-05. High bidder was a snipe by Comician(had a name change in the last 30 days).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35751&item=6502891747&rd=1

He emails me this morning to say he's been hospitalized, can't pay for the issue, please don't leave him negative feedback.

A quick search shows this guy listed MY issue for sale on eBay, the day BEFORE he bid on it, the day BEFORE my auction ended.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33816&item=6504424763&rd=1

After he won the issue, he relisted it again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35751&item=6504848740&rd=1

Apparently he didn't make enough on the flip to justify payment. If I relist, this issue, its been up for auction 4 times in the last 2 weeks. Christo_pull_hair.gif

I've gotta' go offline for a few hours, won't be able to respond to anyone, just wanted to get the word out as quickly as possible.

Bluecollarjoe

Neg him and report him to ebay

You can then send a second chance offer to the next higer bidder or sell it to me for $425

On his auctions he says

"NOTE: PLEASE BID ONLY IF YOU CAN PAY RIGHT AWAY THRU PAY-PAL! (HAVE BEEN BURNED IN THE PAST.) OTHERWISE I'LL EXTEND A SECOND-CHANCE OFFER TO THE SECOND HIGHEST BIDDER. PLEASE ALLOW 1-2 WEEKS FOR SHIPPING, AS I AM OUT OF TOWN. (COULD BE SOONER.)"

Has a Marvel mystery graded 8.5...

The Back has a tear visible in the crummy scans Rather filthy borders and as an added bonus.... RUSTY STAPLES!!!!

Ok, aside from backing out on his purchase he's not technically doing anything wrong. I know what he's doing is deceitful but it's not technically against eBay policy -- if he had actually carried thru on the initial purchase. It's just like shorting stocks. He finds a good deal, lines up some buyers, make the purchase, resells.

That being said, I think you did the right thing by negin' him.

Ok, aside from backing out on his purchase he's not technically doing anything wrong. I know what he's doing is deceitful but it's not technically against eBay policy -- if he had actually carried thru on the initial purchase. It's just like shorting stocks. He finds a good deal, lines up some buyers, make the purchase, resells.

Actually he did.

Usuing someone elses pictures without permission is against ebay policy.

I have had auctions shut down before for using my images without permission.

Actually he did.

Usuing someone elses pictures without permission is against ebay policy.

I have had auctions shut down before for using my images without permission.

and he is also selling somethign he does not own yet!

Joe's having some problems with his connection, but wanted me to pass along the following info in case anyone else knows these guy(s?):

In the meantime, here's more info on the post I made about the eBay scammer. "Comician" used to be "thelowestpricesguaranteed!" until a recent name change. After getting the negative this afternoon explaining what he did, Comician changed his feedback to private so no one could read it. Leads me to believe he's done this dance before. I checked his buying history. Since early December Comician has won more than 280 auctions from dozens of different sellers, some who I'm sure frequent the CGC boards. Pass this along if you'd like.

DrBanner, thanks for posting for me, the computer gremlins seem to have subsided for now.

Comician has won 281 auctions since early December and while that in itself doesn't make anyone a bad guy, with Comician, in my opinion, it's reason to be cautious. (He's formerly thelowestpricesanywhereguaranteed! I may have left a word out in my email to Doc)

If he's won this many auctions, that's dozens of sellers big and small who should know about the game he's playing. I believe he's listed more than 150 items for sale since December 20th. Caveat Emptor.

Strong Guy-

You're right, there's nothing wrong with preselling something. Problem is the guy was preselling MY property. He hadn't even bid on it. He posted an auction with my pics that ran concurrent with my auction. If someone was looking for this issue, ran a search and both auctions popped up, exact same photos, they'd understandably be confused, a major red flag would go up, and they'd spend their hard earned cash elsewhere. This guy may have cost me bidders.

As for flipping it for more cash after he'd won it, no problem, more power to him, as long as I get the 500 bucks he owes me. That money was a big chunk of another deal I've got going, so not only was I hosed, but the collector who's selling me another issue was jacked with as well.

Bottom line, he tried to presell property that wasn't his, eventually won the auction, claimed he was suddenly cash short because he was in the hospital (nice hospital, they provide computers to do eBay deals), cost me 500 bucks as well as the other collector who's waiting on that cash, and made it harder for me to sell this issue on eBay since it's been listed 3 times in the last two weeks.

This scam artist is going to get hard by some nasty karma. tonofbricks.gif When it happens he'll be scratching his head whimpering "Why me? How come things never go may way?"

Ya' get what ya' give brother.

I've gotta' get online, switch my browser. Having problems with the one I have now, can't always get on CGC when I want. Don't want to miss anymore of the funny book wisdom that fills this forum. thumbsup2.gif