• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seller advice about an eBay buyer payment request

29 posts in this topic

I'd tell him to send ya the $30 and wait a week. If nothing, file the claim and cancel the sale.

+1

As much as I don't like dinking with money orders, I'd probably be fine with a low amount to accommodate a customer.

I'd tell him to send ya the $30 and wait a week. If nothing, file the claim and cancel the sale.

Pretty simple.

Just take the $25 he owes in cash

money orders are a pain if you do not go to the bank very often and they can be forged.

That's why you require a US postal money order and cash out at the post office before you send the package. That's old school eBay style.

I started ebay in the spring of '98. Cash wrapped in tinfoil was the most common form of payment. I agree with taking the cash.

PO MO's were also very common, but more of a hassle.

I started in 98 too lol $200 cash sent in a piece of cardboard..the good old days

Pretty simple.

money orders are a pain if you do not go to the bank very often and they can be forged.

That's why you require a US postal money order and cash out at the post office before you send the package. That's old school eBay style.

Have you been in a post office recently? :baiting:

It is far more of a pain than a bank. Not to mention also a pain for the buyer.

Haven't been to yours. I'm at my local PO once or twice a week. In and out with zero hassle, little to no line, and friendly service. I guess my PO is the exception to the rule.

Or everybody else is miserable?

Pretty simple.

I started ebay in the spring of '98. Cash wrapped in tinfoil was the most common form of payment. I agree with taking the cash.

PO MO's were also very common, but more of a hassle.

I started in 98 too lol $200 cash sent in a piece of cardboard..the good old days

I never sent cash. As a buyer a MO was to have a record of the transaction to add some (minimal I know) protection from potential unscrupulous sellers.

Pretty simple.

Have you been in a post office recently? :baiting:

It is far more of a pain than a bank. Not to mention also a pain for the buyer.

Haven't been to yours. I'm at my local PO once or twice a week. In and out with zero hassle, little to no line, and friendly service. I guess my PO is the exception to the rule.

Or everybody else is miserable?

I think it all depends on the PO. The one near my house is great. Never a line. People are friendly. Only gripe is they close too early (4:30).

I've been to some that are a real pain too.