• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

They'll probably start filming season 2 before I get to finish season 1...

Hang in there, brother. Good times are coming!

cCcccnQ.jpg

Awesome :applause:

Now this looks like an episode worth waiting for (thumbs u Even though I suspect my pre-ordered Blu-Ray will arrive before it's aired on Sky TV :whistle:

Didn't I read somewhere this show was eventually going to be a Supergirl/MM show & not just SG? Hopefully this is the start. Love seeing him on there. Such a cool character & they've done him well (unlike Smallville) lol

cCcccnQ.jpg

Now this looks like an episode worth waiting for (thumbs u Even though I suspect my pre-ordered Blu-Ray will arrive before it's aired on Sky TV :whistle:

I like that image a lot. Would be cool to take it and make a cover and attach it to a real comic.

cCcccnQ.jpg

I like that image a lot. Would be cool to take it and make a cover and attach it to a real comic.

It is very well put together.

thats the problem.. it LOOKS put together from existing publicity stills, with some atmospheric stuff to blend it all together.... No harm using stills really, but they look just pasted in, and why's Diggle got his gun out? Is he the starter of the race? A real solution with a budget would have had new shots of all them cheering their guys on.

and the CBS slug wouldn't be on Flash foot!

thanx for posting the original cover. I thought the comic lettering looked off, and now see why. They kept the words that remained the same, but hand drew the changed and new words, so they look more clumsy. Too bad Gaspar isn't around anymore!

and the flash of light between Supergirl and Flash looked wrong, but they were just mimicking Infantino and Andersons work.

I dont think Diggle is really the starter, or yeah he is, if you go with the idea that his photo must be the only shot of Diggle with a gun where he's holding it somewhat UP in the air, but as you see in the original cover, at a track meet they point it high with one arm, and NOT like a policeman or security person with 2 hands, elbows bent.

Edited by aman619

Your analysis is one way of looking at it. And it would be accurate.

Another way of looking at it is that a network TV show used an iconic cover from DC's Silver Age to promote an episode based on an iconic story-line from DC's Silver Age, knowing full well the majority of people seeing this would have no idea what they are even looking at. But they did it anyway, with obvious excitement and love for the characters and genre.

This team helming SUPERGIRL keeps doing things like this and they keep nailing it. They can copy/paste their patooties off on their promo pieces as long as they keep producing eps like they have been!

thanx for posting the original cover. I thought the comic lettering looked off, and now see why. They kept the words that remained the same, but hand drew the changed and new words, so they look more clumsy. Too bad Gaspar isn't around anymore!

and the flash of light between Supergirl and Flash looked wrong, but they were just mimicking Infantino and Andersons work.

I dont think Diggle is really the starter, or yeah he is, if you go with the idea that his photo must be the only shot of Diggle with a gun where he's holding it somewhat UP in the air, but as you see in the original cover, at a track meet they point it high with one arm, and NOT like a policeman or security person with 2 hands, elbows bent.

Why does everyone keep saying that is Diggle in the cover photo? It's Hank Henshaw.

yer right! I thought that was Diggles wife next to him which cinched it for me.

any, to Pov, I love the homage.

Im saying it should have been executed better is all. Well, thats not accurate really, it clearly does NOT have to have been executed better because it makes it point to comics collectors, and, to fans only of the show its just a poster marketing an upcoming episode with a race in it.

but it definitely COULD have been better designed...

Like it, hate it, the promo poster has a fun element to it and I'd bet the design team had a lot of fun putting it together. Can you imagine the excitement when they found a picture of Hank holding up a gun... lol

yer right! I thought that was Diggles wife next to him which cinched it for me.

any, to Pov, I love the homage.

Im saying it should have been executed better is all. Well, thats not accurate really, it clearly does NOT have to have been executed better because it makes it point to comics collectors, and, to fans only of the show its just a poster marketing an upcoming episode with a race in it.

but it definitely COULD have been better designed...

That's it. Get that marketing team and line them up against the wall. But then they have to do each other.

tVvpu7A.gif